If you have been earning a living online for some time or you are just getting started you know that everyone talks about the importance of building a downline and also building a mailing list. As important as it is to build your downline or list it is just as important for those people to be responsive and valuable to your business. Creating a powerful list or downline really does not have much to do with the technical side of your business.
The power or value of your downline and list will come from you becoming a leader, friend, and teacher to those people you come in contact with. Place their needs before your own and help them and the results will astound you. You can do this without much effort at all, with just six simple little steps.
Lets take a look at the six simple steps in your work from home online business that will make you a leader and build a powerful downline at the same time.
1) Be Sincere and Honest-- Always treat and speak to people with honesty and sincerity as you would want them to be with you. Keep in mind that people may not always recall just what you said to them but they will always remember how you made them feel. First impressions really do matter.
2) Be Caring and Compassionate-- Be a good listener and hear what they say when they communicate to you. Place yourself in their situation and understand where they need to go with their business. Great leaders always know just what their people need and want because they care enough to listen with compassion.
3) Be Proactive-- Communicate to your downline and list on a regular basis and not only to always present them with a sales pitch. Through the use of the first two items on this list become their trusted friend and team mate and not just another salesman.
4) Be Accessible-- Very simple step here. When some one on your list or in your downline contacts you by e-mail or phone be there for them. With most work from home online businesses this will mostly be in e-mail and you should reply to them within a 24 hour time frame from receiving their e-mail. Always keep in mind the time differences around the world since we are in a global business.
5) Know the Program Which you are Promoting-- Most work from home online businesses are some sort of affiliate program and if you plan to be a team leader and help those on your team become team leaders then you need to know the program you are promoting. I like to use the one hour rule. That is at least one hour every day you should log into the affiliate center members only area and read and study the training material that is there as a member benefit to help you succeed. If you have more time to devote to learning all that there is to know about this program great do it, just remember to take action and put into play what you learn.
6) Share-- Once you have gained the knowledge from the training that the program provides for you now it is time to take action. If you never take action and apply what you learn and share it with those on your list and in your downline your work from home online business will go nowhere and you will become frustrated and quit. That is not acceptable. If you share your knowledge while being caring, compassionate, sincere, and honest and being accessible to your team, your team will begin to copy you and the entire team will grow and prosper. You will have built that powerful downline.
As you can see these simple six steps have very little to do with anything technical. Only the last two have anything close to that. The other four come from within you naturally and if you want to have a successful work from home online business or any business for that matter you will need to communicate and work with people. Itís just a fact of doing business. You will need to learn all you can and help those on your team do the same . Lead by example and they will follow as will success. As they say plant the seed, nurture it and watch it grow.