29 Perfect Business Card Tips That Will Make You Loads of Money
I love networking and meeting new people. I enjoy the pleasant etiquette of exchanging business cards. Unfortunately, I have seen some poorly designed business cards in my travels.
I love networking and meeting new people. I enjoy the pleasant etiquette of exchanging business cards. Unfortunately, I have seen some poorly designed business cards in my travels. I have been handed a boring dull business card from someone claiming to be a professional graphic designer. I have been handed a torn and frayed off-size card by someone claiming to be a marketing consultant. I’ve seen cards with outdated contact information and scribbled corrections.
This article is intended to help business owners create and design a business card they can be proud to present – a card that will pass the trash test. The goal is to be memorable. What I want for you is for prospects to remember who you are days, weeks, and months after the networking event and for you to make loads of money because of your business card!
Please use the tips listed here to design a card that makes money:
12. Don’t use all caps on your card. All caps are difficult to read.
13. Don’t use odd sized cards. Prospect keep regular sized business cards after networking events. Odd sized cards eventually end up in the trash.
14. Use the back of the card for something useful, like a listing of the benefits your clients receive from utilizing your services.
15. If you really want to be cutting edge, use the new video business cards available today. This technology is said to be the wave of the future and especially useful if you exhibit at tradeshows.
16. Do utilize a photograph of yourself on the front of your card if you are in a relationship building profession. This helps to make you more memorable.
17. Do utilize a four color photo of your creations on the back of your card if you are in the creative professions.
18. Make sure your business card fits who you are. If you’re an artist, include a photo of your work and make sure the card has an artistic feel. If you are in a conservative field, keep the design simple.
19. Make a digital version of your business card and include it in your email signature.
21. Add certification titles to your card to add credibility.
22. When handed a business card, make sure to study the card and ask questions about the prospect. This makes you a more “interesting” person.
23. When giving out business cards take them from a case and hand them to your prospect so that the card is facing up. I don’t know how many times I’ve been handed an upside down business card.
24. Include an offer on the back of your business card such as a free consultation, or free service offered in the form of a call to action.
25. Include a card with all correspondence.
26. Use a logo that is visually appealing and tells prospects what it is you do for a living.
27. Use a 4-color business card. They are not expensive and are more memorable.
28. Make sure you list your title near your name.
29. Hand out your business card as much as possible. Keep a supply in your car so that you never run out!
The best advice I can give you is to use a professional to design your card. This is a one-time investment in your company identity. Just think about the additional fees you can command when you are perceived as an expert. How much is your professional presence worth to you? A well-designed business card shows that you are a successful entrepreneur and not a fly-by-night. It also positions your business for success by presenting a clear image of a company that can be trusted.
©Copyright 2007| Suzanne Muusers | All Rights Reserved
Reprint Rights: You may reprint this article as long the article is printed in its entirety including the about the author information, you leave all the links active, do not edit the article in any way, and include the copyright statement.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Suzanne Muusers is a Business Coach based in Scottsdale, Arizona. She is a credentialed member of the International Coach Federation and works with entrepreneurs and financial advisors . Get her FREE REPORT "Top 5 Mistakes Entrpreneurs Should Avoid" at http://www.prosperitycoaching.biz/.