50 Things That Really Do Matter (Short Shots On Living An Exceptional Life)
1. Listening enough to care and caring enough to listen. 2. Being a dreamer but not living in a dream world. 3. Saying "It doesn't matter" and meaning it. 4. Being a positive influence in any way ...
1. Listening enough to care and caring enough to listen.
2. Being a dreamer but not living in a dream world.
3. Saying "It doesn't matter" and meaning it.
4. Being a positive influence in any way possible, to asmany as possible, for as long as I possibly can.
5. Balancing justice with mercy and fairness with commonsense.
6. Being patient and patiently enduring.
7. Earning credibility instead of demanding compliance.
8. Valuing the wisdom of discernment, the danger of pleasurewithout restraint, and the joy of victory with integrity.
9. Being worthy of trust and trusting what's worthwhile.
10. Enjoying all things small and beautiful.
11. Words that heal.12. Words that help.13. And words that encourage.
14. Forgiving myself for what I've done and others for whatthey haven't.
15. Gaining what I desire without losing what I should gain.
16. Maintaining the passion of purpose while avoiding thepitfalls of making hasty decisions with little or nodiscernment.
17. Watching "You've Got Mail" one more time.
18. Enjoying life for all it holds instead of holding outfor all it has yet to become.
19. Giving praise without demands and encouragement withoutexpectations.
20. Hugs.21. Healing wounds.22. And helping people realize their dreams.
23. Knowing when I can, can't and shouldn't.
24. Laughter for the sake of laughter!
25. Leading while not forgetting how to follow.
26. Honoring the honorable and avoiding the painful errorsof the disgraceful.
27. Knowing the power of commitment, the rewards of self-discipline and the meaning of faith in myself, God andothers.
28. Smiles -- lots of them.
29. Learning as much as I can for as long as I can.
30. Standing for what's right when everything's wrong, andsaying "I'm wrong" when something's not right.
31. Letting the music play.
32. Knowing I can and seeking help when I can't.
33. Just doing nothing at just the right time.
34. Filling my mind with all that is excellent, truthful,full of hope, and worthy of thinking about again.
35. Kisses that say "I love you" more than "I need you."
36. Treasuring ideas for their untapped potential.
37. Caring. 38. Giving.39. And having fun.
40. Refusing to believe lies about myself or othersregardless of the source -- including what I hear fromwithin.
41. Trusting enough to see good in people without blindlytrusting in the goodness of all people.
42. Success without self-absorption.
43. Showing I know the difference between keeping the rulesand listening with understanding.
44. Winning with dignity. 45. Losing with grace.46. And learning from both.
47. Believing in all my possibilities -- and yours too!
48. Appreciating the wisdom of maturity and the beauty ofchildhood.
49. Avoiding the bondage of bitterness, the deceit of wealthwithout character, and the vanity of pride withoutgratefulness.
50. Loving for all I'm worth because in the end it's worthit all.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lee's is a seminary administrator where has served since 1987. He is the author and publisher of two family friendly ezines which revolve around the topic of personal inspiration and development. He is a man who deeply cares for his family and the preservation of the family unit. Lee also enjoys the joys and challenges of internet marketing.