Pendant lights are accents that add a contemporary touch to a home’s décor. Pendant lights are available in different sizes and style for every home’s décor requirements.
Pendant lights are contemporary light fixtures that hang like an ornament from the ceiling. Pendant lights can be termed as modern-day chandeliers. You can use pendant lights as task or ambient lighting. Task lighting illuminates a small portion of a room to help focus on tasks. Ambient lighting gently brightens up a room.
Pendant lighting can enhance any home’s design. But you need to use pendant light the right way for their full effect. Consider these tips to select the right pendant lights for your home.
• Pendant light fixtures are often used over kitchen islands in modern homes. If you want to use pendants in your kitchen, the ideal way is to use multiple mini or medium pendants in a straight line. Doing so ensures that the island area is well-illuminated to help you complete your tasks with ease and comfort. Avoid using large pendants in your kitchen as you won’t get proper light over the entire island and placement will also look out of the place. Another use of small or medium-sized pendants is in home bar areas.
You can also use small pendants in the entryway or over a secluded corner in your living room. Minka Lavery pendants come in a variety of sizes and stunning designs. You can browse through their collection of pendants to select the right lights for your home.
• For small or medium-sized dining areas, a round or drum-shaped pendant is ideal to use over the table. Chandeliers are not right for smaller spaces and pendants do the job very nicely. You can choose one from the Minka Lavery pendant light collection where you can find large pendants for both modern and traditional décors.
• You can also use pendants as task lighting in your bedroom or living room. You can also hang pendants in the attic or garage. A small pendant with soft light is right for your bedroom. You can use it over your reading corner or desk. If your bathroom requires extra illumination, one or more pendants hung between the shower and the counter area can provide additional light.
• If you like symmetry in décor, use of pendant lights in the same style but different sizes can add a fresh dimension to your house. You can select etched mirror designs or ornate pendants in different sizes. You can shop from collections like Minka Lavery pendant lights that offer same or similar designs for different types of light fixtures. It can be another use of symmetry in your house.
• To make the best use of pendant lights, use them in conjunction with different light fixtures. Pendant lights work well with sconces and well-placed flush-mount lights. Also, stick to same or similar materials for different lights to avoid conflict of designs in your house. You can choose from wood to metal, resin, and brass.
With some research and planning, you can use pendant lights effectively in any space.
Crescent Harbor is an online store specializing in high quality handmade and rustic style lighting fixtures, including chandeliers, sconces, ceiling fans, floor and table lamps, fans, and picture lights from leading brands such as Seagull Lighting, Troy Lighting, Minka Lavery ( CrescentHarbor/Minka-lavery-pendants ), Casablanca, House of Troy, Hudson Valley, The Modern Fan Company, etc. To learn more, visit CrescentHarbor/Pendants.