The Benefits of Electric Indoor Wheelchairs
Electric indoor wheelchairs are a boon to wheelchair users. They add power, speed and comfort to the experience. Indoor electric wheelchairs are for people who have absolutely no mobility, even at home.
However, indoor wheelchairs cannot be used outdoors, except in the garden or lawn. There is a huge variety of indoor wheelchair brands to choose from. They are provided with several options and can be custom designed to suit individual needs. There are also plenty of styles and colors to choose from.
There are also some dual electric wheelchairs, which are fit for both indoor as well as outdoor use. Some criteria required for this kind of electric wheelchair, in addition to the guidelines for indoor electric wheelchairs include the following:
1. Users must have adequate field and acuity of vision to be safe on public roads.
2. Users should have the ability to comply with DVLC requirements for motor vehicle drivers concerning epilepsy and other causes of loss of consciousness.
3. Users should not require accessories, modifications or special seating outside of the range supplied by the powered chair manufacturer.
4. Users should comply with the manufacturer's recommended occupant weight limit for the chair.
6. Users should have a local outside environment that is accessible by a dual-purpose powered chair and compatible with its use.
7. Users should have the capacity to derive significant improvement in their independence and quality of life through use of a dual-purpose powered chair.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Electric Wheelchairs provides detailed information about electric wheelchair lifts and scooters, used electric wheelchairs, electric indoor wheelchairs, Medicare, electric wheelchair reviews, and more. For more information go to Electric Wheelchairs and/or visit its sister site at Scooters Web for related information.