Internet Marketing Techniques to increase sales in recession time
Organic free search results can pull increase in sales even when you are in recession. Recession stops many things for a company:- It reduces spending for advertisements- It reduces investment for ne...
Recession stops many things for a company:
- It reduces spending for advertisements
- It reduces investment for new business
- It may lead to pay-cuts for employees
You might have developed a wonderful software product, but NO SALE over the web. Cool.. my dear friend, same thing can happen for even fortune 500 companies as well. Sometimes you need to wait till the recession period run out from the market.
Just follow our tips to increase your sales during recession.
1. Create PAD XML for your product. If you already have one, try adding minor updates in your product and update your PAD XML with this new version. Start submitting to download directories. You can see increase in sales in a day. We always love to partner with many download directories as they pulling real buyers to the site.
2. Reducing the price is a good technique to attract buyers during economic downtime. Create offer pages and coupons and start sending emails to your opt-in list. This will get more sales than regular sales. We are using this technique whenever there is a shortage in our income. My dear friend, stop sending SPAM emails to unauthorized emails. Always use your subscribers to send emails. Sometimes your website may be suspended or terminated from your hosting provider. Consult your hosting provider before sending bulk emails.
3. Create your product topic related articles and start submitting to article directories. Most of the article directories send your articles to their own subscribers; this will enhance the chance to increase in sales.
4. Social Media Marketing is another option to reach target buyers during recession. Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter friend's requests, writing tips relevant to your products on wall will drive more traffic to your site and sales. Many people are using Social Media sites as free advertising channel for their Internet business.
5. Increase affiliate commission to big numbers and send offer coupon to all of your affiliates. Most of the affiliates will send email to their subscribers about your special offers. You can get reasonable sale from this technique.
6 Submit your product or service advertisements to free ad sites. Note that most of the sites will delete your advertisement after 30-60 days. So keep posting your ad on regular basis; at least once in 2 months. Most of the free ad sites target local customers; so you need to find out your target geographical region sites for submission.
7. Create promotional videos and submit them to video broadcasting sites. Remember that information videos drive more traffic than product demo videos. Avoid using direct promotion in your videos. Just create topic related presentation and ask the user to visit your website if they want to learn more.
8. Most of the techniques discussed above are driving traffic from other sources. One of the static solution to drive permanent traffic is by improving SEO for organic search. The sites listed in 1st page always get more attention that other pages. One day morning I woke up and opened my emails. I got many sales on that day when compared to previous sales; I am surprised to see that my site is listed in top 10 of google pages. Try improving your organic search results by genuine SEO techniques; this will get more benefit during recession time.
Good luck for your Internet business success !
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Abraham, Software Engineer, currently working in search engine optimization software submitter product development. Has extensive experience in software development from small scale to high scale enterprise applications in various domains using Java EE technologies.