Social Media Marketing Tips: How to Get the Most Out of Twitter
Aren’t sure how to use Twitter in your social media marketing campaign? Read on to learn how you can use this powerful social network to connect with current and potential customers, create brand recognition and more.
1. Make a reasonable follower goal. It’s unlikely that you’re going to get millions of Twitter followers (unless you’re famous), and after all it’s better to get 100 good followers who will actually read what you tweet rather than 1,000 spam accounts. Focus on gaining quality followers and grow your network over time. However, if you grow your network too large, you may not be able to keep all your followers happy. If you can get 1,000 good followers who actually interact with you, that’s great. If you find yourself at 1,000 followers, next shoot for 5,000 quality followers.
2. Invest time in your Twitter account. The more time you invest the more you will get out of your Twitter account. In order to attract and maintain followers you have to make sure you’re giving them interesting information that they want to read, which means tweeting at least once or twice a day about industry news, fun facts, tips, etc. You can also tweet coupons or specials for your followers to reward them for following. Remember, if all you do is tweet advertisements, your followers are likely to become bored and un-follow you. The key is to keep them engaged daily.
3. Focus on a specific topic. If you can become known as an expert in a certain topic, people will look to you for information on that topic, which will allow you to gain and maintain quality followers. However, trying to become a expert of a broad topic is hard because there are so many others on Twitter tweeting about that same thing. The more focused your topic is, the more likely you are to gain followers who look to you as an expert on the subject, which will make them keep checking back.
4. Once you choose your topic, keep your tweets relevant to that topic. Otherwise, you will disappoint your current followers and they may un-follow you. Also you won’t be able to attract new followers that are interested in information dealing with that subject. Post links, facts, tips, news, etc. that deal with your specific subject only.
5. Respond to your followers. Remember, the point of social media marketing is to be social! If someone asks you a question, respond! If you neglect your followers they will neglect you! Sometimes when you have a lot of followers it’s hard to respond to every single one, but try your hardest to respond to the majority in order to keep the conversation active.
6. Take advantage of Twitter tools. There are various Twitter tools online that help finding followers and tweeting easier. Twellow.com is a great Twitter tool that can connect you with thousands of interested followers. The best way to gain followers is to follow first. Narrow your search by categories or use the “Twellowhood” to find people based on location. Then view their profiles, see what they’re tweeting about and their interests are and if you think they’d be a relevant follower, follow them. Once they see you’re following them, they will view your profile and if they like what you’re tweeting about, they’ll follow you back.
Another great tool for business is Hoot Suite. You can manage multiple social media accounts as well as schedule tweets for the future, view tweets, direct messages and more from the people you follow. Scheduling tweets for the future is especially convenient when you’re a busy business owner who forgets to tweet every day. You can simply sign on once a week, schedule tweets, and respond to anyone who may have connected with you.
If you know what to do and how to keep up with your business Twitter account it can be a powerful social media marketing tool. Put the work in and Twitter can help you attract customers and connect with current customers to address their questions and concerns as well as create a relationship and loyalty.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Wendy Suto, President and CEO of Search Circus, specializes in search engine optimization and search engine marketing including social media marketing.