How to Overcome Job Burnout
Overcoming burnout is essential to carry on and achieve what you want. Take a step back evaluate your life. Follow these steps and overcome burnout. Live life fully now!
Job burnout is common. In fact, more common than we think. It can come not only from a day job, but from being a work at home mom, or by being a caregiver to someone. The definition of burnout is - exhaustion of physical or emotional strength or motivation usually as a result of prolonged stress or frustration." Job burnout can creep on us insidiously. You may find yourself waking up and not feeling like going to work anymore. If it happens long enough, it may lead to a chronically negative state and self concept.
Signs of burnout are common and here are some signs that may indicate that you may be suffering from job, career or carer burnout. You may find yourself identifying with one or more of the following symptoms of burnout. Feelings of frustration, of anger and criticism. Feeling that one is overwhelmed or that there is no reward commensurate with the amount of effort put in. Feelings of depression, sense of helplessness and ability to see a way out of problems. A sense of being overwhelmed- feeling angry with yourself and criticize yourself. Feeling physically run down, tired, and feeling like there is a a lack of energy.
To overcome burnout you must realize the causes of burnout. It can often arise from the following:
1. Working at a job that is not fully resonant with your personal values.
2. Boredom. There are no new challenges or excitement.
3.Having unrealistic goals for yourself or high expectations of your work.
4.Having too much to do that you have no time to do the things you really want.
5. Not having enough work life balance.
6 .Working under conditions that do not allow personal freedom
7. Feeling trapped from the need to do this job due to lack of choice.
8. Not being appreciated for the work you do after all the effort.
Here are some steps you can take think of how to overcome burnout. Take time to think of how you can overcome this problem.
1. Take a break from your routine.
2.Reassess your goals. It may have changed from when you last thought hard about your life
3. Be assured of your ability in yourself to change. For the better.
4. Face your fears; don't avoid your fears, or mask them in an addiction
5. Think about what you really want.
6. Clarify your values. Who you really are deep down inside and who you want to be. What is important to you?
7. Reclaim your dreams.What do you dream about that you want to do in your lifetime? What are the things you want to do, places you want to visit? What does the good life look like to you?
8. Think about your relationships. Are you spending enough time with the people you want to spend time with and are important to you?
9. Think about how you want to plan your financial future. Have a broad picture. The details will come sooner.
11. Have fun. Are you able to have fun?
To overcome burnout you must know what you really want to achieve. Then go for it .
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
May is passionate about helping people achieve the life of their dreams. Inspirational resources at: http://www.successinspired.com . Get free report on attracting success at: http://www.wisdomofgettingwealthy.com/AttractionAccelerator