Six Personal Development Success Steps
Do you long to live a more successful life? Perhaps you do not know how to start your journey down the road to success. Or, maybe you have set goals before and never achieved them. Whatever you have done, or not done, in the past no longer matters. Follow the guidelines in this article and prepare for success.
Have you ever had a dream or long cherished desire that came true? Have you achieved the level of success in life that you have always wanted? Have you set goals and achieved them with ease? If you answered no to any of these questions then this article is for you!
No matter how much, or how little, success you have achieved in life up to this point it doesn't matter. i am going to share with you six proven steps that will act as a blueprint for achieving all your goals.
Here are some top tips to help you achieve all the success you want.
1. Know what you want! Be very clear on exactly what it is that you want. Wanting more money or a good mate is not enough. How much money do you want? What are the qualities you are looking for in another? Vague wishes will gain you nothing. You must formulate a clear intent!
2. Once you have identified what you want turn your desire into a goal. Write down on a paper a statement of intent. Begin your statement as follows, "I am so grateful that I now allow myself to have........" Read this statement twice a day and recall the mental image you will create in step 3.
3. Create in your mind a clear image of yourself already in possession of your desire. Make it as clear as you can. View yourself in the image as the person you wish to be already having your goal. Imagine how that 'other' you thinks, feels and acts and add these characteristics to the 'other' you in your mental image. When you have your image clear and concise, imagine that you can step into that 'other' you. As best you can start to feel all those feelings that the 'other' you felt. As you step inside that mental you feel yourself becoming that new person. Increase the feelings. Make the colours, in the environment you are now seeing through your mental eyes, more colourful and vibrant.
4. Remove your mental barriers. The only reason why people fail to achieve their goals is negative mental attitudes. You must remove these mental 'demons' before you can achieve success. When you verbally intone your goal, through the affirmation statement you created in step 2, you will find your negative attitudes begin to surface. This is excellent as the attitudes are being brought up from the subconscious to the conscious mind where you can eliminate them. Be diligent and try to become aware of how you are thinking throughout your day.
When you become aware of a negative attitude, when it surfaces, do not fight it. This is disastrous. If you fight to suppress a negative attitude it will remain in the subconscious mind and act like a hidden computer virus in your brain. Allow the attitude to surface fully. You will find that you have feelings associated with these thoughts. By allowing yourself to fully feel the feeling and by not suppressing it you will discover that the feeling dissipates all by itself and the thoughts that accompanied it will be gone forever. Perhaps this exercise sounds too good to be true. Perhaps it sounds too easy to be effective. Well, I give you a challenge - try it sor yourself and then make up your mind!
Once you have allowed your negative feelings to burn themselves out, by allowing them to surface and leave your body, it is a good time to mentally revisit your goal image and speak your statement of intent. If this is not possible then just re-affirm to yourself that you are allowing yourself to have your goal. When visualizing and affirming your statement of intent do not stop until you feel positive about your goal. Never leave your mental work while you still feel negative. You may find that the next time you do the exercises you feel similar negative feelings. These emotions are not the same feelings that you have already allowed to dissipate! You have gathered much negativity during your stay on planet Earth and your negative attitudes have many layers. Just be diligent and patient.
5. Let it go! Once you have finished your mental work let it go. Allow the universe to do its work. If you allow your mind to dwell on the hows, where's and whens you are really affirming to yourself and the universe that you do not already have your goal! Never worry about how your goal is going to come to you or when or where you will recieve it because this will slow down its manifestation. Thinking in terms of your goal as having already been accomplished is fine but give no thought as to when, how or where it will come. When you think of something that you already have you do not contemplate how you got it, you just think in terms of already having it!
6. Take some action! It doesn't matter how small it is. Take some small steps everyday that will bring you closer to your goal. When you reach out for your goals with the correct mindset the universe will rush to meet you.
When you pursue your goals and desires using these six simple steps you will find that you achieve a higher level of success than you have ever before and you will find it much less stressful. Follow the steps and prepare for your next success.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Personal Development has free reviews of the best personal development products we tested. We find out what works so you don't have to! We have the best Self Improvement products tested and then reviewed for free. So why not find out what really works!