Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles
Sunday, January 23, 2022
Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint ArticlesRegisterAll CategoriesTop AuthorsSubmit Article (Article Submission)ContactSubscribe Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles

Tips to File Back Taxes Owed

Millions of American a year face back taxes. This article describes the 4 steps that a taxpayer must follow in order to become into "compliance" with the IRS. In other words, these are the guidelines in order for a person to pay back taxes, †because taxes cannot be resolved unless they are first filed.

Filing back taxes can be tricky and to ensure it is done properly there are a few guidelines you should follow. Pat yourself on the back because you are beginning the process of filing your back taxes. If you do not file, your IRS problems will continue to rise. †People who think the IRS will not figure out they did not file, they are wrong. Ignoring the IRS or failing to file unfiled returns will eventually lead to forced collections that will create severe financial strain.
Prepare Documents
Gather required tax return information needed to prepare tax documents. If the IRS finds you didnít file a return or returns and decides not to prosecute or take legal actions they are likely to file a tax return for you if you do not complete on your own. If the IRS does this, you can be assured they will not give you any deductions you normally take and you will have a higher amount owedthan if you were to voluntarily file on your own will. If the IRS has already done this then you need to gather old tax return information to alter their return and you need to notify the tax expert you work with know that the IRS has submitted a tax return for you. The return the IRS files will need to be modified to make sure you get all the deductions you are allowed. If you canít find required tax documentsArticle Submission, it is best to contact the Internal Revenue Service to get all of the required paperwork you will need to file. When you file you need W-2ís as well as other documents supporting any deductions you claim. IRS form 4852 can be used to substitute W-2ís if you cannot obtain from the IRS or employers.

Source: Free Articles from


If are looking for a experienced tax resolution firm that can show you how to file back taxes go here or visit If you owe over $10,000 in tax debt, call 1-800-928-5035 for a free consultation.

Home Repair
Home Business
Self Help

Page loaded in 0.135 seconds