Is Your Lack of Fitness Hurting Your Game?
A strong core helps reduce the risks of injuries because when the muscles of the core are strong, stable, and efficient, they are better able to absorb and translate power, putting less stress on the extremities.
As you know, most people really want to be fit and certainly all softball players were to perform at their best on the softball field.
However, during the off-season, we often find ourselves not hitting the gym or working out as often as we should or wished.
Most of the time, life just gets in the way. We have so much on your plate that we end up not having the time, being too tired, or lacking the
motivation to go to the gym or workout consistently even with the best intentions in the world.
Does that sounds familiar?
So basically, the season starts and we are not physically at our peak where you should be and our suffers from it. We aren't as fast, as strong, or as
powerful as we could be.
Yet being fit can make such a big difference on our game and if we aren't in good enough shape, then our game suffers greatly…
Here are 20 reasons why working out is important…
- Pitch faster and throw harder
- Swing the bat harder and hit the ball further
- Steal more bases
- Get better jumps off the bases
- Explode out of the batter's box
- Run down more balls in the field
- Reach, stretch and get more of those "oh-so-close" ball
- React faster
- Have more stamina for long games and tournaments
- Stay healthy and avoid injuries
- Tolerate heat better and perform when it's really hot
- Practice longer without being tired or losing your focus
- Be much more consistent and have less "ups and downs"
- Get it faster when learning or refining a skill because
of increased body awareness
- Be much more confident and feel stronger
- Be mentally tougher
- Get more extra bases when running
- Develop an athletic body
- Recover faster between innings and games
- Be more dominant in all aspects of the game
Are you realizing now how much better your game could be if you were only a little more fit?
Think about it - it's worth the small effort.
It's not too late to get in shape for the summer even if you season is about to start or has already started.
Check my new resource for getting softball fit in no time…
That will help you improve your strength, speed, and power and you'll your overall performance improve as a result.
So even if you are not in the best shape you could be in, it's no too late to do something about.
I wish you the best season possible.
Train hard. Play hard.
"Your Softball Peak Performance Coach"
P.S. You don't think it's possible to get fit in a short period of time? See for yourself how it's possible.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Marc Dagenais, MHK, CSCS, is a softball peak performance coach that helps players and teams hit with more power and be more dominant on the softball field. To get tons of great FREE softball drills to boost your game, visit us at: http://www.softballperformance.com/softball-drills