The Things To Keep in Mind Before Buying The Scuba Gears
It is always recommended to have the essential Scuba Gears while you are exploring the world underwater. But before buying the scuba gears the necessity and the functionalities of the scuba gears should always be kept in mind.
Exploring the world under the see is always a surreal journey. Along with the tremendous pressure, different temperatures in various levels of water always hinder to conquer the dream. But it is not an inconceivable task to plunge into the deep ocean with the scuba gears.
For the first few times you will usually hire the scuba gears and will compel to adjust with the rented problematic accessories. But when the aspiration to discover the ocean world grows up and up you will be tempted to buy your own scuba gears.
Before buying the scuba gears you must know your needs and always keep in mind these following things:
1) Snorkel: Snorkel is a breathing apparatus that helps you to breath under water without letting your head up from the water surface. The optimum length of snorkels is 30 cm (12”). It can be found in various designs. Normally it is J-shaped and made of rubber or plastic. It is mainly used in surface swimming before or after scuba diving.
2) Diving Mask: Thediving mask is used to allow its users to clearly see underwater. It is not possible to the divers to view under water because when human eyes are in direct contact with water the lights entering the eyes are refracted to a different angle so that it becomes almost impossible to see clearly. Diving mask provides the air space in front of the eyes. Diving mask is made of durable and tempered glass with a rubber or silicon cover, which seals it with the diver’s face to make it watertight. The divers can exhale within the diving mask. The best way to find the best mask is: first place it on your face (without the strap and without holding it by your hands), inhale gently. If it doesn’t fall then keep it. Otherwise try another one.
3) Fins: The fins are used to move underwater. The fins are generally made from plastics but can be found often made from carbon fiber and fiberglass. According to the needs, the size of the fins can vary. Normally the scuba divers need large and wide fins to get rid of the water resistance to freely move.
4) Diving Suits: The diving suits provide the protection to the divers from the water atmosphere. There are different kinds of diving suits such as wetsuits, drysuits, semi-dry suits, dive skins and hot water suits. The diving suits should be chosen depending on the water temperature. Wetsuits provide the thermal insulation to the divers but they get wet. It is mainly used where the temperature is lying between 10 deg C to 25 deg C. Where the water temperature is between –2 deg C to 15 deg C it would be better to use the drysuits. The diver’s body remains dry as it seals the body by neck and wrist. No water can enter through the dry suits. The diving suits are found in all sizes, so, it would be better to try which one fits you best.
5) Regulator: Regulator carries the air for breathing. It is a very important accessory at the time of the deep diving. This should have a second hose that is used for breathing out. Regulator is also connected with the buoyancy compensator.
6) Buoyancy compensator: The buoyancy compensator provides the life saving buoyancy both underwater and on the surface. This is essential to neutral the buoyancy. The diver has to choose which one should be taken according to his needs.
7) Watch: It is very much necessary to measure the depth and time while diving. It is better to have a computer rather than the watch. But you should consider carefully whether to bye a watch or a computer. The ultimate decision is yours.
You can start to unveil the world underwater with these essential things. And you will learn as the time passes by and as per you experiences what kind of other apparatus you need. All these things can be easily found at Customworks at Idaho or visit http://www.hydroglove.com.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Abir Roychowdhury is a professional Internet Marketer. www.Hydroglove.com is the online resource for Scuba Gears, Scuba Diving Equipments and provides an expanding line of Rubber Molded DrySuits, Dive Kits, HydroSuits, HydroGloves, wetsuits, snorkles, masks fins, all are made for collectors, surfers, swimmers and vintage divers.