Convert your rough-cut Engineering ideas to implementable concepts with Katalyst Technologies’ comprehensive 8-step process.
Do you have an innovative design concept, but are not sure how to bring it to fruition? As a business, you and your team have probably experienced this in one way or another. You brainstorm and scribble out a concept, desperately trying to organize your thoughts and plans, but for some reason, you just can’t seem to turn your idea into reality. You’ve tried everything – from seeking the assistance of other team members to even holding off on the idea until you are ready to return to the drawing board. But the reality is your peers won’t always have the bandwidth or required manpower to assist you with your rough-cut ideas, and you won’t always know when your next “ah-ha” moment will return.
And that’s okay! With global contract manufacturing solutions, enterprises of all shapes and sizes can execute the engineering details of any feasible prototype from start to finish.
This process is commonly known as Concept Building. Because concept building takes place at the beginning of any design phase, this process is crucial for businesses that are looking to build products and/or parts. In the end, well-designed concepts generally lead to efficiently workable parts and finalized products. And with our fine-tuned processes, our teams can help execute the experience of a wide range of designing projects in various domains like automobile, construction, and agricultural – just to name a few.
Our 8-step approach is as follows:
1. Ideation and Concept Building Given the company’s goals and objectives, our team of design-thinkers will bring out ideas in the form of questions and solutions through creative activities like brainstorming. Tools of concept convergence are also used during this time to arrive at the best concept for the client.
2. Benchmarking with Industry Practice and Related Standards After brainstorming and extensive research, we will work with the client to choose the best concept to meet their business objectives. From there, our team will further fine-tune the concept by comparing and testing with tried-and-true practices and applicable standards.
3. Develop Initial Configuration/Layout Through mathematical expressions, we will set the groundwork for idealizations to occur.
4. Carry out Preliminary Engineering Calculations Once the initial configuration is complete, our team will determine more accurate dimensions through hand calculations.
5. Configure the Dimensions as per Fitment Needs In this stage, our team will look at the space availability in which a part(s) is to be fitted. All dimensions will be considered and obtained.
6. Selection of Standard Attributes With the client’s goals in mind, we will list out all relevant factors and attributes to be generated.
7. Generate Documentation (3D Models, Calculations, and Prints) The documentation of the client’s concept is generated in the desired computer-aided design environments to meet the appropriate and desired standards.
8. Delivery Our team will align with the client to maintain a set schedule for deliveries. Then, we will abide by the schedule and ensure all deliverables are complete within an ideal time frame. A behind-the-scenes look at Concept Building:
All in all, Engineering & Manufacturing is driven by speed and scale. The ability to optimize a process, to leverage data to make better-informed decisions, and to create the right partner ecosystem can help you deliver the highest-quality solutions more efficiently. We can ensure your enterprise stays ahead of the curve with our 8-step Engineering and Manufacturing solutions. Want to know more about how to bring your prototype to life? We’d love to hear from you!
Katalyst Technologies Inc. is a best-in-class software, products, technology services, and solutions provider. The core areas of expertise are in ERP, supply chain and logistics, engineering & manufacturing, digital & e-commerce, professional services and publishing.