Hidden Features of iOS 7
iOS 7 is still in its beta stage and ever since its announcement at WWDC, it has fascinated everyone. Every day, it is displaying one or the other stunning feature making this version of Apple's Operating System worth waiting. Everyone knows many features of iOS 7, but the list of hidden features appears far longer than the list of features announced by Apple's officials at WWDC.
The timer clock tops the list of hidden features. It is something very easy to use and allows users to use iPhone as a stopwatch. Now you must be wondering what is new in this so let me tell you that you can start and stop the stopwatch right from your locked screen. This is easy, as all you have to do is to set timer in a clock app, lock the screen, and your timer will be in your control.
1. Dynamism – With the earlier versions of the iPhone, it was difficult to read the text as it appeared in very small fonts. With dynamism feature, users can adjust the font according to their taste. You have to visit the settings app and adjust the text size. From there, you can move the slider left or right and alter the size of the font for various applications like mail, notes and others.
2. "Today" right on your locked screen – Most of us have seen the notification "Monday" on notification bar, but unaware of its usability. Using this feature, you can derive information like traffic summary, day view, temperature, reminders and notifications for the next day's tasks without unlocking the phone.
3. Gestures – iOS 7 has some wonderful features that demonstrate its advancement in terms of technology. To control a device, all you need is a swiping gesture and Apple has specifically devised it to save time. Now, tapping the phone is a past story and everything can be completed by waving the hand. You can swipe the screen and even lock it with just a swipe.
4. ITunes radio – iTunes radio cannot be categorized as an unheard feature of iOS 7 but what made me mention it here is the feature that allows you to hear the song of your choice and search various artists and albums. Just like any other radio, you can search for stations and it can work on iPhones, iPads, iPods and iTunes on Mac as well as PC. It is freely available but ads will keep flashing and you need to be an iTunes match subscriber to listen ad-free music.
5. View long message on full screen – This is yet another added feature of iOS 7. Usually, it becomes irritating to scroll the screen to read a long message. In iOS 7, designers have coded the software in such a way that you just have to double-tap the text and it will be zoomed into full screen. You will see that the font size is reduced, but it will be fun using it, as it is readable.
These are the features that I see as hidden and have chances of going unnoticed by most of us. However as I said above, iOS 7 have surprised us ever since its announcement; I am not sure about how many more features are still undiscovered and unheard. There are many other features like wish list, turning off the automatic updates, timestamps for iMessaging and making audio-only facetime calls and at this point of time, we can just wait for its launch and use it extensively, before we could write a final write-up explaining all the features of iOS 7.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The author works with one of the top enterprise mobile app development company. The iPad application development company has a team of experienced mobile app developers in Dallas that offers mobility solutions for enterprises.