New York is a shopper's paradise. You will be thrilled by the wide range of options available. It has all the best designer boutiques to the best Jewellery stores to pamper your senses. Apart from the designer duds, fake jewellery and budget bargain shopping can be enjoyed by all.
New York is the city which caters to the need of everyone. Here is a list of Top 10 shopping destinations in New York City, but then don't blame us with your credit card bills.
The Top 10 Shopping Strips in NYC:
Specifying a Shop might be beneficial for the New Yorkers but the tourists would love to get a glimpse of all the best stores in a locality. So this is exclusively for people who would love to wander around New York streets to get to the best shop. The magnificent shops lined up on the streets are a complete eye pleaser to all the shopaholics out there.
1. Lower Manhattan: It is the place for all the biggest and best departmental stores which offer huge discounts in the whole of NYC. For the best discount stores head to J&R to get the best discounts on electronics. Century 21 is the place to get the best bargains and deals. South Street Seaport is the abode for the well known stores like Gap, Ann Taylor, A&F, Coach and Pier 17. Head towards the NY Stock Exchange or the Financial District to get the best of the designer stores like Tiffany's, Hermes and even BMW.
2. Nolita (North of Little Italy): Cruise the streets of Elizabeth and Mulberry to find an array of stylish shops with funky accessories and striking jewellery. Shop for kids wear which fit into the budget.
3. SoHo: SoHo is the nonidentical twin of Nolita with historic and ancient neighborhoods. The best place to buy art and paintings directly from the artists lined up on the streets. Apart from being the host of art and ancient sculptures, it also boasts of the best designer stores like Bloomingdale's, Prada, Levi's, Desigual and many more.
4. Chinatown: Another asset of Downtown with the hustle and bustle of busy NY style. Get ready to make the best bargains in the cramped shops and streets for the best deals. Unlike SoHo you won't need a payday loan to shop here. Be sure to buy the affordable Chinese glassware and mementos, and stroll around the herbal and fish markets.
5. East Village, Greenwich Village and Chelsea are other options in Downtown worth visiting for a unique shopping experience.
6. 5th Avenue: One of the popular shopping destinations in Midtown Manhattan to get spilt by the big shot designers. Chanel, Dior, Cartier, Versace, Louis Vuitton, Nike, Banana Republic are just a few names adorning the streets.
7. Herald square: Macy's, the world renowned store is a must stop in the Herald square which is sure to take up the day wandering and admiring the vast collections. The Manhattan Mall stands tall at the 6th avenue.
8. Times Square: Though you won't notice the designer outlets here, do not miss out on the books and toys stores. Head down to Ruby et Violette to shop for the fragrant perfumes.
9. Madison Avenue and Columbus Circle: The most luxurious, expensive and finest retailers flocked with the Hollywood celebrities are located in the Madison Avenue.
10. Brooklyn: Experience Brooklyn's shopping in the famed DUMBO, Park Slope, Williamsburg and other such neighborhoods.
And the top ten of the rest...
The 10 best shops/Department Stores in New York:
1. Barneys Located in Madison Avenue on the upper east side of New York, this big retailer has it all right from designer jewellery to shoes to Men's and Women clothing and even house wares. 2. Bloomingdale's Considered as the most famous tourist attraction. Hosts the designer shops from all over the world. 3. Macy's Head to the Herald square for the best of Macy's experience and enjoy 10 floors of exhilarated shopping experience. 4. Target Doing justice to name, target has an eye to all age groups and all economical groups. It targets the whole NY population. Prices start from as low as possible and reach out in a budget of the designer brands. 5. Century 21 6. Steven Alan Annex 7. Otte 8. Loehmann's 9. JCPenny 10. Marshall's