Seven Amazing Facts About Hawa Mahal, Jaipur
First-time visitors to Jaipur- the capital of Rajasthan, should not miss visiting the popular Hawa Mahal palace which is designed and built in the form of Lord Krishna's Crown. Commonly called as Palace of Wind, The Hawa Mahal Palace is a part of the famous Royal Palace.
All the budget hotels in Jaipur include this Hawa Mahal in their daily package tour’s list so as to make every tourist visit this stunning structure that has no foundation.
Read further to know about the seven interesting facts about Hawa Mahal palace:
• Crown shaped: Built by Sawai Pratap Singh, this marvellous Hawa Mahal appears like the shape of a Crown of Lord Krishna. Being a devotee of Lord Krishna, Pratap Singh has designed this unique structure to reveal his passion towards Lord Krishna.
• Hawa Mahal means the 'Palace of Winds' or the 'Wind Palace': It has 953 small windows (Jharokhas), they were built to keep the wind blowing inside the palace. The whole Palace was known to be a summer retreat for the traditional Rajput families of the past.
• Plain rear side: It is amazing to see that Hawa Mahal building is on the rear side of the Palace and is rather plain. Within the building, it has no decorations making a surprise to the visitors in contrast to its front side. The back side contains only pillars and pathways.
• No front entrance: The real beauty of Hawa Mahal lies in its unique orientation as the place has no front entrance. Visitors need to enter from the side of the City Palace. Most of the hotels near Jaipur bus stand as well as near railway station clearly specify the plan of the whole palace.
• Built exclusively for women: According to history, Hawa Mahal was built as a separate complex for the women in the royal families. The main idea behind this marvel structure is to allow the women in royal families to watch the daily life of the entire city through the numerous windows.
• No steps, only ramp: This is yet another uniqueness of this wonderful Hawa Mahal which has five floors. Since it was built for the convenience of women of all age group in the royal families, no steps to climb buy one can reach to the top floor by using the ramp.
• Beehive appearance: The entire façade of the tall structure has been designed like a beehive. The special design of the windows makes the women from the royal families to watch the main bazaar area without noticed by others.
Blended with various colors of the well-known Rajputana architecture, undoubtedly Hawa Mahal is one of the pride of Rajasthan and considered to be the most popular tourist attraction of the pink-city Jaipur. A visit to Jaipur is said to be incomplete without visiting this amazing Hawa Mahal Palace. This is an awesome tourist spot is a fine example of fabulous architecture that stands tall as a mystical symbol of romance.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The author is an avid writer and is interested in traveling & blogging and shares his own travel experience on article or blog sites. Through his articles, I can get information about budget hotels in Jaipur and hotels near Jaipur bus stand.