Extreme Adventure Seeker? A Guide to the Haunted Places in And Around Baroda!
Vadodara or Baroda, the third largest city of Gujarat is an important cultural and industrial hub. From palaces to museums, monuments to temples, five-star hotels in Vadodara to its street food...
Vadodara or Baroda, the third largest city of Gujarat is an important cultural and industrial hub. From palaces to museums, monuments to temples, five-star hotels in Vadodara to its street food, the city has a varied range of places of interest. What remains lesser known are the haunted places in and around the city.
• Dumas beach, Surat: 50 kilometres away from Baroda is the upcoming city of Surat. Ranked as the topmost haunted place in Gujarat, the beach is characterised by its blackish sand and clear waters. It is believed that it used to be the Hindu cremation ground in ancient times and now the spirits with unfulfilled desires roam around the place. Visitors have reported to experience eerie things.
• Signature farms, Ahmedabad: 110 kilometres away from Baroda is the popular city of Ahmedabad. Signature farms, one of the top haunted places is a secluded property with half sliced and broken pieces of sculptures found all over. People have heard strange noises like horses galloping and experienced spooky feelings around the place. The site is believed to be a massacre spot long back, which explains why it is so infamous.
• Rajkot road, Bagodara: The 70 kilometres stretch of the National Highway 8A between the Bagodara and Chotila town in Rajkot district is believed to be haunted by evil spirits. This particular stretch has witnessed an unusual number of deaths caused due to accidents. It is said that drivers get distracted by the restless spirit of a woman who seemingly disappears as the vehicle gets closer. The awkward silence of this belt runs a chill down the spine of the travellers.
• Avadh Palace, Rajkot: This huge mansion is one of those scariest places where people don’t dare to move around after sunset. It is believed that a girl was gang-raped and murdered in this palace and the spirit of the same roams around this site.
• Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad: One of the prestigious universities of Gujarat, the GTU campus is believed to be haunted. Despite the crowd in and around the campus, several testimonials cement the notion that this place gives a spooky feeling. The spirit of a woman is said to make her presence felt every now and then, be it in an elevator or in the classrooms.
The local food, the culture, the festivities, the accommodation facilities, especially the hotels in Vadodara near railway station and airport, the energy of the city and above all, the places that might leave you shuddered gives every traveller, especially the extreme adventure seekers, a reason worth enough to visit the city.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The author is an avid writer and is interested in traveling & blogging and shares his own travel experience on article or blog sites. Through his articles, I can get information about 5 star hotels in Vadodara and hotels in Vadodara near railway station.