Incredible India – A Must Visit Land
India is rich with cultural heritages. The most ancient history on earth, the country has a lot to offer that western world is yet to explore. It is equally studded with lush green forests, wide open beaches, soothing shrines, purifying pilgrimages, adventurous sports and what not. If you are willing to visit some exotic, exciting land for your vacation this year, travel to India.
1. Tajmahal , the insignia of love of the Mughal emperor Sahajehan for his wife Mumtaj Mahal, this monument is considered the seventh wonder of the world. Undertaken by 20.000 workers, its construction was completed within 26 years. Marbles from Rajasthan and 28 kinds of rare and semi-precious stones have been used. The central dome is 187 ft high.
2. Khajuraho, located in Madhya Pradesh is symbolic of the cultural heritage of India and considered UNESCO World heritage site. Its temples, architecture and sculptures, built during the Chandela empire depicts women of medieval age of 11th century.
3. Ajanta and Ellora Caves, located in Maharastra is indicative of the Indian craftsmanship of 100 BC. Ajanta is 99 kms away from Aurangabad, with total of 30 caves crafted out of solid rock by chisel and hammer, with inscription of Buddhism.
4. Golden Temple, located in Amritsar is a famous shrine for Sikh for visiting Shri Harmander Sahib. Darbar Sahib, the main building is coated with gold, thus depicting the name. It is built 67 square feet platform at the center of a sarovar or pond..
5. Akshardham , located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat is a site of pilgrimage, drawing about 2 million visitors every year. Dedicated to Swaminarayan, the temple is 108 ft high and depicts Shanatan Dharma.
6. Tirupatti Balaji is the most sacred Hindu temple located in Andhra Pradesh. This temple dedicated to Lord Venkateswara, also known as Balaji, Srinivasa and Perumal and is built on the seventh peak of the Tirupatti Hills. About a hundred thousand pilgrims pay visit to the temple daily. On the annual function of Brahmotsavam, the number of pilgrims goes up to five hundred thousand and more.
7. Andaman and Nicobar Islands a chain of 572 emerald island islets, located in the eastern part of the Bay of Bengal and south of Myanmar. It has a stretch over 700 kms from north to south. These islands adorned with beautiful beaches. Major attractions for the visitors are colorful corals, rare variety of flora and fauna, underwater marine lie tall coconut trees , crystal clear blue water and slow pace of life.
8. Kanya Kumari, a small town located in Tamil Nadu represents the southernmost tips of the India and is named after the virgin goddess Kumari Amman. The greatest attraction for the tourists are the serene beauty of the location and view of sunrise and sun set, particularly during the period 15th October to 15th of March. Special feature about its location is that it is at the confluence of Bay of Bengal, Indian Ocean and the Arabian Sea.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you are planning to travel to India, seek the best of the Indian tour packages online only on window2world.com. You will get multiple no-obligation quotes from our travel agents in different parts of India making your travel to India successful. You can book hotels in India online without much trouble. Just post your travel inquiry for any part of the world online and get travel quotes in your inbox FREE.