Places in Chennai That You Must Visit to Make The Most Out of Your Trip
Chennai has seen monumental growth in the recent decades. It has consistently been ranked as one of the best cities to live in India and the food of the city has also been ranked as one of the best in the world by National Geographic.
Chennai has seen monumental growth in the recent decades. It has consistently been ranked as one of the best cities to live in India and the food of the city has also been ranked as one of the best in the world by National Geographic. Book hotels in Chennai to experience the atmosphere of Chennai and visit amazing landmarks and places.
• Kapaleeshwarar Temple –The name of the temple is derived from the Tamil name of Lord Shiva. It is a very important Shiva temple and was constructed centuries ago in Dravidian architecture. A large number of Hindu gods and goddesses are enshrined inside the temple with the statues of Lord Shiva and his consort, Parvati being the most notable. An important festival is also held during the Tamil month of Panguni inside the premises of this temple.
• Government Museum –One of the oldest museums in India, this place is known for its large collections of Roman antiquities and for also housing the paintings of rare artists such as Raja Ravi Varma. Its condition has worsened in recent times but the archaeological collections are still wondrous.
• Shirdi Sai Baba Temple – This temple dedicated to the much-revered Sai Baba of Shirdi is known to infuse visitors with a feeling of peace. The teachings of the Sai Baba involved elements of Islam and Hinduism and thus he is widely loved by adherents of both religions. Book hotels near Chennai Central Railway Station to visit this temple and seek the blessings of this iconic Indian Saint.
• Marina Beach –One of the longest beaches in the world, Marina beach is known for its large area and is sandy. It receives a huge number of visitors in the summer months thus you can expect crowds to be ever present at this beach. Pollution has degraded the condition of this beach but environment conversation attempts have been launched.
• San Thome Basilica –St. Thomas Cathedral Basilica located in Chennai has distinguished itself as one of the only three churches known around the world constructed over the resting place of a follower of Jesus. It was renovated by the British in the Neo-Gothic style of architecture and the interiors of the Church are heavenly to look at. The church holds a special place in the hearts of many Christian devotees due to its connection with Saint Thomas.
Chennai has got it all to offer. Whether it be majestic beaches, serene and grand temples, parks or museums, there is something in here for almost everyone. You can be assured of having a great experience in Chennai. Finding accommodation can also be done with considerable ease. Book hotels near Chennai Railway Station to amplify the degree of convenience you feel when travelling to Chennai.
Article Tags: Book Hotels
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The author is an avid writer and is interested in traveling & blogging and shares his own travel experience on article or blog sites. Through his articles, I can get information about hotels near Chennai Central Railway Station and hotels in Chennai.