Tourist Attractions in India- an amazing variety catering to all kinds of interests
India is one of the best tourist destinations in the world due to its diversity and a traveler has a lot to choose from if they are traveling to India
Diverse topography, amazing history, fascinating art, culture and religion make India one of the most visited tourist destinations of Asia. The gamut of wonderful tourist attractions in India cater to the varied interests of tourists. Be it natural bounties like pristine beaches or emerald forests, snow covered peaks or meandering rivers or epitomes of human achievements ranging from impressive monuments to religious shrines, Indian attractions encompass all categories.
The topographical features of India has bestowed the country with a plethora of tourist attractions. The various categories of natural tourist spots of India include the following:
· Mountain ranges- Whether it is the snow capped Himalayas in the north or the terraced Nilgiris in the south, the mountains of India offer dramatic views. The picturesque hill stations of Mussoorie, Almora, Gulmarg, Ooty, Kodaikanal and others are nestled in the mountains. The scenic rivers and white glaciers also form parts of the tourist attractions of India.
· Beaches- The stretches of soft sands, the caressing breeze, the frolicking waves and the beautiful vista of the beaches in Goa, Kerala, Mumbai, Chennai and Orissa offers scope of relaxation as well as adventure.
· Forests- The verdant greens housing the varied fauna of India is also a major tourist attraction. The Wildlife Sanctuaries and Nature Parks of India include Gir National Park & Sanctuary of Gujarat, Bharatpur Wildlife Sanctuary in Rajasthan, Kaziranga National Park, Assam, Corbett National Park, U. P., Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary of Kerala, Chilka Lake Bird Sanctuary and many others.
· Wonderful Backwaters- The labyrinth of interlinked waterways set in a backdrop of unspoilt natural surroundings, the Backwaters of Kerala and Tamil Nadu gives tourists an experience of a lifetime.
The architectural marvels constructed during various points of time enhance the aesthetic charm of the country. The different dynasties ruling over India have left an indelible impression with their signature architectural styles. The monuments of India display the influences of these varied phases of history.
The famous monuments symbolizing the artistic excellence of India include the following:
· Ajanta and Ellora Caves
· Taj Mahal
· Sun Temple, Konârak
· Agra Fort
· Red Fort Complex
· Humayun's Tomb, Delhi
· Group of Monuments at Mahabalipuram
· Churches and Convents of Goa
· Fatehpur Sikri
· Qutb Minar
· Mahabodhi Temple Complex at Bodh Gaya
· Khajuraho Group of Monuments
· Elephanta Caves
· Rock Shelters of Bhimbetka
· Great Living Chola Temples
· Group of Monuments at Pattadakal
· Group of Monuments at Hampi
· Buddhist Monuments at Sanchi
· Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park
The art and culture of India showcase an amazing variety. Along with numerous tourist attractions associated with the diverse aspects of India, the country also offers varied distinctive moods and ambiance ideal for all sorts of vacations, be it a romantic getaway or an adventurous trip, a family vacation or relaxing trip.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR