Vietnam Airlines tickets refund and things to know
Vietnam Airlines is one of airlines in Vietnam, along with Jetstar and VietJet having ticket refund and change policy clearly and suitably
Among three domestic airlines in Vietnam, Vietnam Airlines is the only airline that allows refunding the majority of Vietnam Airlines ticket classes. But with airfares in promotions, it does not allow refund, change tickets or tickets’ information. For VNA flights delayed more than 15 minutes to 2 hour (caused by Vietnam Airlines), the carrier will be responsible for changing flight for all passengers. From 1st July 2015, Vietnam Airline has applied new regulations on the Vietnam Airlines refund and change tickets for flight change as below.
- Change flight or itinerary:
+ Change Vietnam Air flight or itinerary once at the request of the passenger if these requirements are different from handing plan of VNA.
+ Passengers can request to change flights before or after delayed/ canceled flights.
The airline will reimburse the amount equal to the airfare, taxes / fees and surcharges of flight that are not used along with the ticketing charge. If ticketing charges are calculated for each segment, the carrier will only refund the surcharge of unused segment. If ticketing charge is calculated for per ticket (partially used tickets), the airline does not refund. Refund excludes change fee. (The change fee is not reimbursed in any case).
For example: for delayed flights from 15 minutes to 2 hour, the carrier can only change ticket (free of charge 600.000VND) to the next flights if available. Passengers are still subject to airfare difference (if any) Passengers can change voluntarily to other flight day or other itinerary before departure day with change fee of 600.000 VND/ ticket + fare difference at the time of change (if any).
Passenger can request refund at Vietnam Airlines booking agents where they purchase tickets. Booking agents of VNA will be responsible to refund for passengers if their flights are delayed or canceled by VN Airlines.
According to the regulation, Vietnam Airlines branches can refund tickets issued by booking agents. Only refund part fare and tax/ fees / surcharges (TFC) / passengers surcharge of refundable flight. Then, the branch will guide passengers to contact the place of issuing ticket to reimburse ticketing charge (if any).2. Score of application:
- Applying for domestic and international flights of Vietnamairline departing from Vietnam, in case the flights are delayed, canceled departed earlier than scheduled time or passengers denied due to Vietnam Airline' fault.
- Passengers have confirmed seat and ticket on delayed/ canceled flights.3. Related information
- Delayed flight: the flights with actual departure time is late than 15 minutes compared to the scheduled departure time of Vietnam Airlines.
- Canceled flight: the flights are not performed but the schedule flight to sell ticket and book seat on these flights have been published on reservation system of Vietnam Airlines.
- Flights depart early: the flight with the actual departure time is earlier than the scheduled departure time announced by the airline.
- Passengers are denied on the flight: who have confirmed seat reservation, bought tickets and presented at check-in counters for the flight in accordance with regulations of VNA but not be transported on that flight.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Indochina now becomes a highlight tourism destination than ever. Travelers may come across many sites online that provide tours in Indochina and find differences in the price. AloTrip Travel however displays affordable prices with so many options to choose. You can check this out on AloTrip.com.