Some Interesting and Popular Web Based Business Logo Design Trends
Web based companies follow various logo design trends. If you check variety of websites, you will see badge style logo, speech bubble logo and quadrangle logo designs. While some design trends are overused, some are really refreshing and grab web users’ attention instantly.
When you surf various websites, you can see a variety of logos. From gaming industry to software business, every web based company follows a certain logo design trend to establish their corporate identity online. Some of these business logo design trends are really good, some are childish and some are over used.
Following a trend is not a bad practice at all. However, for some companies “following” means “copying”. They blindly “follow” a design trend and fail to establish their brand USP. Whenever you follow a designing trend, remember that you must create a custom logo design. Take inspiration from trends, but use your designing skills and add some unique elements in your logo.
Here are 10 popular logo design trends followed by different web based companies. Do you have a web based company and follow one of these logo design trends? Start reading and find out.
1. Badges and Buttons- Web based companies use various types of buttons in their logo design. You can see round shaped button, round edge small squares, play button and a range of other types of buttons in corporate logos.
However, this trend won’t last for long. Not because it’s ineffective, but because it’s overused. Since Adobe Flash made this trend popular, several other companies started following this trend blindly and over populated web with badge and button design trend logo.
2. Speech Bubble and Megaphone- Social networking is all about communication and probably that is why most of the social networking and online chat companies use speech bubble and megaphones in their logo design. “Shout out” and “Think vitamin” are some of the companies that use speech bubble in their logo.
However, sometimes I wonder that if everyone keeps talking, then who will listen? Hope someday logo designers will create ear shaped logo for social networking and chatting sites.
3. Fun with Opacity- If you have ever used Photoshop, then you must have experienced the beauty of opacity. With the help of opacity effect, you can design a beautiful and elegant logo.
However, this trend is not suitable for every web based company or service. Only some of the most prominent brands use this trend in their logo. Some of the popular opacity style logos are “Microsoft Silverlight” and “HTML 5”.
4. Kawaii Illustrations- You think that only kids love teddy bear and other wide eyed stuffed animals? Think again! Adults also love wide eyed, cute looking animals and that is why app companies use Kawaii illustration in logo design. Don’t believe me? Just check “GitHub” and “Seesmic” logo.
5. Verdant and Plant Inspired- Plant and green leaves are not just for eco friendly companies. They can be used for other companies’ logo design as well. Apart from “eco friendly” image, plants also stand for growth and you can use plants and leaves in your logo to tell your target audience that your company is growing everyday.
6. Quadrangles- You can find a serious definition of quadrangle on web, but let’s face it; nobody can truly explain what a quadrangle is. It’s neither a square, not a rectangle. This post modern geometrical shape helps you design consumer friendly logo and grabs viewers’ attention immediately. From “Groupon” to “Loggy” various brands are using quadrangle for their custom logo design.
7. Retro Game References- Logo designers are creative person and like every other creative professional; they feel nostalgic about their childhood days. Probably, that is why, you can see several retro video game inspired logos these days.
While these retro video game style logos are cool and nerdy, they should not be used everywhere. It can only appeal a particular segment of your target customers, but not all of them. Some of the companies that use this trend are “Ripepixel” and “Genieo”.
8. Color Coordinated Compound Words- Often companies use their name in their logo design, but some companies found out a new way to do that in style. They break their brand name in two parts and use two colors for them to create a unique visual appeal. For instance, “Expensebay” uses black color for “Expense” and blue color for “bay” to design their logo.
9. Logo Types- Google and Facebook made this trend popular, but not every company has the guts to follow this trend. When you use a simple font style to design your logo without using any flashy elements, your brand either gets instant popularity or fails miserably. The sans serif style logo of Google says, I have nothing to prove or promote. My product/service speaks for itself.
10. Nodes, Spokes and Hubs- This trend reminds us of the molecular structures we have seen in our chemistry books. The nodes, spokes and hubs style logo represents interconnectivity and some of the companies that use this trend are “Website grader” and “Hacking the graph”.
You may have seen some of the logo design trends I have mentioned here and depending upon your business style, you may use any one of the following trends for your business logo design. However, your logo is a crucial part of your brand identity, and instead of experimenting with the logo design, you should hire an expert logo designer for your custom logo design.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Logo Design India one the best logo design company in India follow various business logo design trends to build variety of logo.