As a writer (or any ... in order to generate good ... returns for your efforts you will need to place a great deal of emphasis on product creation and the ... aspects of your busines
As a writer (or any business) in order to generate good financial returns for your efforts you will need to place a great deal of emphasis on product creation and the marketing aspects of your business to turn "what might be" into "what will be" and become the success you hopw to be.
Sometimes however, many writers fall into the trap of becoming so involved in the creative mechanics of the writing process and tend to forget (at least temporarily) the fact that this is also a business that needs to continuously generate money.
As the hours, days and weeks needed to write that new book become all important and time consuming, other business matters tend to be placed on the "do later" list or are simply neglected all together.
This means we need to s-t-r-e-t-c-h our thinking on a daily basis to ensure all aspects of our business endeavours are included into our daily routine.
The successful entrepreneur knows that daily small actions build into a pattern of accomplishment over the days, weeks, months and years throughout the lifetime of a business and so commit themselves to building on specific actions every single day...
I have found that the most profitable time any business entrepreneur can spend is to set aside a specific time each day specifically for the purpose of focusing on generating ideas to grow your business potential and profits.
The best time to do this is during what is called "the golden hour" The golden hour is the first hour upon waking each morning. Thinking positively and creatively at this time of the day then sets the tone for your entire day.
Many successful business people I have spoken to over the years also tend to share a common trait... one of the first questions that springs to mind somewhere at the beginning of each day tends to be "how can I make money today" or self-talk to that effect. This can be a conscious thought or an unconscious thought that is always present in the nature.
I have also found that simply asking yourself the question "what can I do today that has the potential to earn $100" works extremely well at keeping my mind focused on the business aspect of daily affairs. These $100 ideas have repaid themselves many times over in terms of business growth.
For the next 21 days (it takes 21 days to get into any new habit) spend time to simply focus on growing your business through the generation and implementation of your $100 ideas.
As this daily routine becomes an automatic part of your daily life, your thinking becomes activated towards being aware of the many money making opportunities that exist for the development of your business.
Over a period of time these ideas will compound as the results of your efforts will lead to success as a writer AND entrepreneur.
We each have 1, 440 seconds in each day between the hours of midnight and midnight that we can use ... how are your 1,440 seconds going to be spent today?
- You might get an idea for a new book.
- Can you start some research? or is there someone you would like to ask for an interview?
- It may be an idea for writing a tip or an article to post to the free content directories that could generate interest in your business and product/s for the purpose of increasing sales.
- It could be to submit some pages to a new search engine or directory you have read about.
- Place a classified advertisement somewhere you have not advertised before.
- Find a joint venture partner for an idea you have.
- Teach a class offline or online.
- Offer consultancy services.
- Put a bid in for a freelance contract or send an article query to a paying magazine.
- Perhaps getting around to implementing an idea you have read about for marketing your web site or e-book that you had not got around to trying yet.
- $100 ideas can also be as simple as reviewing all your headlines for effectiveness: - your articles, your web site pages, your e-mail subject lines, the title of your e-zine, your sales copy pages etc.
All of these and many more ideas each have the potential to bring profits in many different ways.
It is also important that you list the idea/s that you generate each day and then make an ACTION PLAN for the implementation of that idea. The sooner the idea is implemented the sooner you will see an income from it.
Not all ideas have to be as obvious as these. How about eliminating an expense and saving $100 occasionally?
Whatever your ideas, keep a idea file to record your ideas and the actions you have taken. Also carry a notebook or a small voice activated tape recorder with you at all times specifically for ideas that might surface outside your idea time.
Never again will you be short of an idea for your business or a project you can work on to increase your profits and grow your business.
Decide on the one most important productive thing you can do today for your business... and just do it.