What Are My Responsibilities As A Quantity Surveyor?
Are you looking for a way to pull together the costs involved in a certain building project? Do you know what kind of funds you're going to be needing.? If that is your situation, then you'll be calling for the services of a Quantity Surveyor. If it's hidden costs, blemishes, or building imperfections, then the Quantity Surveyor will find them. You'll find unseen or buried flaws of the building project that would never have been known about. The Quantity Surveyor is qualified for other jobs such as putting a value on mining rights, or determining the price for extending a lease.
We have made a list of some of these duties, and described them.
1) Employers Agent: The Employer’s Agent duties are involved in performance related standards. Duties such as project time, and construction cost are involved. The services provided depend on the client and the type of building under consideration. The service generally encompasses management of the project team, engagement with stakeholders and where possible the future asset management teams. The service places considerable importance on developing the most effective procurement strategy.
2) Procurement strategy refers to the process used to take a building project from its early planning phases to completion and occupation by the building's users. The purpose is to find the most appropriate lines of attach for each individual project. Finding a plan of action to conquer the main intentions of the project. There are always risks involved, so it is the job of the Quantity Surveyor to analyze the scope of such risks, and how to deal with them. The goal is to adopt a procurement strategy that is appropriate to the complexity of the building project.
3) Project Auditing: is used to tell us if we are on track. The government has their own play in this project as well, and it is pertinent that we stay withing the guidelines of governmental regulations. Their job is to do a type of audit of the business endeavor. The results will give you a clear understanding of the overall project endeavor. The main focus is to select the projects to audit, and to recognize the projects at risk.
4) Due dilligence: Due diligence is usually involved in the investigation of a business, or business project. The investigations are commonly applied to voluntary investigations. Due diligence will be done in a building project to evaluate the building and its assets for acquisition. Due diligence investigations will reveal hidden assets and potential problems.
5) Contract Administration: Contract Administration involves those activities performed by government officials after a contract has been awarded to determine how well the government and the contractor performed to meet the requirements of the contract. It encompasses all dealings between the government and the contractor from the time the contract is awarded until the work has been completed and accepted or the contract terminated, payment has been made, and disputes have been resolved. As such, contract administration constitutes that primary part of the procurement process that assures the government gets what it paid for.
6) International Adjudication: takes into account that there are no international regulations that aren't being met.
7) Claims Consultancy: is a way for the Surveyor to ... They provide feasibility estimates and advice on value engineering. These estimates encompass accurate measurement of the work, knowledge of costs of required work, labor, materials, and awareness of the implications of design decisions at an early stage. These decisions will ultimately ensure good support for the client.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Quantity surveying is a highly specialized profession requiring a variety of technical skills to support construction projects and insolvency cases. Each and every case is a prototype and requires highly qualified and professional surveyors and consultants to ensure complete satisfaction of the client.
If you are in need of a service company that offers Quantity Surveying then you should consider using
AA Projects. Their cost monitoring and reporting procedures ensure that the essential financial controls are in place to successfully deliver the project within budget.
Visit there site at this link.