10 Tips for Designing Business Logos That Don’t Suck
Business logos should be unique designs that stand out with a message for target customers. Create the logos with careful use of colors and fonts.
Logos are extremely important for success of businesses. this is because logos are first visuals that
customers seem to get an impression about the company behind the symbol.
In this article, you have access to time-tested tips that will help you in creating excellent business logos.
1.Play with viewers mind – To create unique business logos, it would be good if your logo has some element of deception in it so that viewers have some fun watching the symbol. Create some surprise that people will find amusing after revealing some hidden figure in the logo.
2. Use colors wisely – Colors have powers of evoking the intended emotions and so they must be incorporated in a strategic manner to convey your business message. But do not overuse color palette as it will send mixed signals to the people
3. Avoid cliché images – Do not use stock images that are accessible to everyone free on the web. Such images make your business logos look clichéd designs. For this reason, do not follow design trends strictly either.
4. Create uniquely recognizable logos – Instead of going for clichéd business logos, try to create something that is people can recognize and keep in memory for a long time. Even if you have to use a clichéd image, you should give a little twist to it or tweak it a bit to make it memorable design.
5. Use custom lettering – While free fonts are available on the web in plenty, still see if you can customize fonts to your business logo design needs. Instead of relying heavily on font menu, try to create a font by yourself for its use in your logo.
6 Keep the design simple – Make it doubly sure that your business logo design is simple in its use of colors, typefaces and other elements. A way to ensure it is to do away with all the unwanted elements
and keep only those that are enough to create your business message out of the logo.
7. Ensure proportion and symmetry – Your business logo must be a work that comes true on standards of proportion and symmetry. To do that take help from the grid systems available to modern logo designers for creating well balanced logos like Twitter and Apple logos.
8. Explore negative space – Negative space is the hidden space between two elements in a logo. But you can use the negative space to create a figure that sends out your message. for example, arrow design in FedEx logo is in negative space to deliver a message of quick services from the courier company.
9. Add elements of motion – Your business logo will be liked even more if it has elements of motion and action. For example, Twitter logo has the bird is active and taking flight. Such imagery motivates viewers to take buying action as well.
10 Show meaning – Make sure that your client knows the meaning of your business logo design. So, as a designer, use only those symbols and images that have a precise purpose in the logo and explain it to the client.
These tips will ensure that you create corporate logos that are unique and stand out in target market.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Gaurav Kumar has been a blogger, digital marketer and an SEO expert at Designhill.com, one of the fastest growing custom design crowdsourcing platforms. Over the years, he has been helping small businesses and startups improve website design and SEO strategy, content marketing and user experience.You can engage with him on Twitter here @digitalmid.