The Five Secrets of Business-Oriented and People-Oriented Employee Payroll
Try to imagine how meticulous you should be if you were to process employee payroll manually? That can only be fine, perhaps, if you only have five (5) members in your organization. But what if you have hundreds or even thousands of employees whose s..
Nowadays, business owners are making an intelligent decision to automate employee payroll. That will remove unnecessary costs (hiring additional employee to compute payroll manually), improve accuracy, and boost efficiency. Disputes and penalties can be zeroed out through an automated payroll system.
Different tools in the market and on the Internet are available for you to use. Microsoft Office Excel can be used to plot semi-automated employee payroll. You will just have to either drag-and-drop items or single-left click on a button to auto-populate the columns and rows in a worksheet. It may require you to enter a lot of formulas at first but it will provide you a long-term benefit once you were able to establish and organize your payroll though MS Office Excel. However, there are also some limitations if you were to use MS Office Excel alone. If you were an employee, what features do you expect to a payroll system? Read these five (5) tips that are a must to consider when establishing your payroll system.
1. Does your employee payroll enable your employees to print out checks?You can simply create a worksheet that will show the employees how their base salary is entered, when tax is deducted, and how allowance is included. But does your payroll worksheet allow the employees to print checks locally? You need to consider that.
2. Does your employee payroll allow your employees to view or access payroll information?If you are manually doing the computation, definitely, it is not possible. Employees want to know how their previous salary was computed, what miscellaneous items were deducted, what their gross pay was, and how much tax was deducted.
3. Does your employee payroll send out email notifications to your employees?It is definitely impossible to send an email if you are implementing a manual payroll system. Today's employees have been so busy. So it will give them less effort if they will just have to check their email inbox and see the information on their payroll check.
4. Does your employee payroll have a technology in place to view employee-wise payroll information through iPhone and BlackBerry?Just like sending out payroll checks though email, removing the compatibility barriers on your payroll system to get connected with iPhone and BlackBerry is a lot of convenience for both the employer and the employee.
5. Does your employee payroll provide online assistance for questions regarding disputes and penalties?What a difference it makes knowing that there is an online help where you could go to should you have payroll disputes! Employees would not raise eye brows once they know that there is someone who could answer their payroll-related concerns.
These smart tips will help you in establishing a business-oriented and people-oriented culture and environment at the same time. Move and automate your employee payroll now!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ryan Fyfe is the CEO of http://www.shiftplanning.com/ - An intuitive and free online employee scheduling tool for businesses of all sizes in all industries.