VOIP - Voice Over Internet Protocol. Top 10 VOIP Services.
VOIP is being known as voice over internet protocol is one of the effective method of communication via PC TO Phone. Skype, Gtalk, Yahoo Messenger are renowned VOIP tools / messengers that are being widely used for communication. With the help of VOIP one can call anywhere in the world. It is one way to have a free pc to phone international call. It is mainly useful for internet users to arrange online meetings. VIIP is gaining lot of popularity worldwide especially in U.S and big companies worldwide due to various benefits it offers.
Top 10 VOIP Services :
1) PhonePower :- It is based on monthly premium service. Monthly Cost is $8.33. Residential and business VoIP. Cheapest residential deals, good voice quality. Phone Power provides IP-based phone service ranging from individual residential clients to business PBX clients with offices and employees spread across the world. Customers can choose from a broad range of service plans and hardware options using their own standard telephones or IP-based multi-line business phones.
2) RingCentral :- Monthly Cost is $24.99. Online Fax and Conference Call utility is available. It is complete cloud-based business phone system. Recommended for small businesses. RingCentral is a company providing hosted or virtual PBX systems. RingCentral provides cloud computing-based phone systems which are designed to help small businesses manage mobile, email communications and fax. Its products include RingCentral Office, RingCentral Fax and RingCentral Mobile.
3) NexTiva :- It is one of the top pick for business. Its monthly cost is $21.95. Online Fax and Conference Calls utility is available. Recommended business VoIP solution. Known for excellent customer support. Nextiva is a Arizona-based VoIP and office communications hosting service provider that offers its clients three types of service. Nextiva Connect is a virtual PBX solution for those who donít need hardware. Nextiva Connect 360 is a complete hosted PBX and Voice over IP (VoIP) product. Online fax is offered as a third product called vFAX.
4) Lingo :- For $21.95 a month, Lingo offers unlimited calling to the US, Canada and 22 other countries. There are around 25 features with the service, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Equipment comes free.
5) VOIP :- It is one of the most recommended VOIP service and its monthly cost is $5.38. It is cheapest home & business VoIP service. Unlimited calls, 40+ features, international. Online Fax and Conference Calls utility is available. VOIP specializes in providing residential and business VoIP solutions. Call routing, Speed Dial function, Do not disturb option is available.
6) Vonage :- Many peoples prefers Vonage VOIP service. It is mnonthly cost is bit high compared to other VOIP services but their service and quality is good. Call quality is great, as well as the service and all it entails, including the features and customer service. The adapter is provided for around $40, refundable on returning it. 14-day trial.
7) BroadVoice :- If you make a lot of international calls, Broadvoice is the company to subscribe to. It offers service plans that are specifically tailored to users that call mostly outside the US, without however sacrificing local calls. Another interesting thing with Broadvoice is its BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) scheme, whereby you can bring along your own device and sign up with a fee starting at $5.95 a month.
8) Packet8 :- Packet8 is an important player in the VoIP market as it has a series of services, including a hosted PBX and a mobile VoIP service called MobileTalk. The price is the standard $24.95, and with $5 more you can call unlimited to 40 countries. It has an activation and a termination fee and 30 days trial period.
9) AT&T CallVantage :- CallVantage shares a lot of its focus on small business and enterprise VoIP service. The cost is slightly higher than that of competitors, but the service is somewhat worth it, with great features, good call quality and good service. An ATA is provided with the service, and $29.99 applies for activation and termination fee. No money back guarantee.
10)ViaTalk :- Good International Rates. Monthly cost is $8.47. Residential and business solutions. VT_World offers free international calling. Online Fax utility is available while conference calls are not available. ViaTalk is a voice-over-IP (VoIP) provider based in New York state. ViaTalk provides a solid set of basic features to home and business customers.†
There are many disadvantage of VOIP services as well. One need to take into account disadvantage before subscribing any VOIP service mentioned above.
1) VoIP will not work during power outages and the service provider may not offer backup power.
2) Not all VoIP service connects directly with emergency services such as 9-1-1.
3) Some VOIP providers will not offer directory assistance or white page listings. These seem to be the downfall of having VoIP service.
4) There are many security issues as well.
5) The computer does not have to be turned on for the VoIP to work, but the broadband connection must be active or live.
Before subscribing for any VOIP services you need to check with your Internet service provider and make certain that you have all software and possible adapters, as well as the broadband connection. With the right equipment you will be able to make a free pc to phone international call.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Author is a programmer and internet marketing expert. He is a founder of Suraj Consulting . Also visit at Online Digital Marketplace - Page 3