How to catch a technical RAT?
RAT is Remote Administration Trojan which uses a Trojan as the delivery mechanism for a malicious tool, which is used to remotely connect and manage a single or multiple computers. It allows the attacker to work with a victim computer in the same way as with its own PC and use it for various malicious purposes or even criminal offences.
Do not get confused, here RAT means Remote Administration Trojan, but of course it’s just like rodent RAT, but a technical one. It sits secretly inside your house (computer), uses your belongings, manipulate or destroy them accordingly.
Now talking technically, a RAT is Remote Administration Trojan which uses a Trojan as the delivery mechanism for a malicious tool, which is used to remotely connect and manage a single or multiple computers. This type of Trojan allows the creator or who ever using it to gain the access of victim’s computer. They are easy to use and come in package of two files a server file and a client file. Server file results in gaining the IP address of the victim’s computer and gain its full access.
The list of functions that a RAT can perform on your computer is as follows,
· Install privacy threats without the affected user’s knowledge and consent.
· Allows the invaders to create, delete, rename, copy, edit any file, change any system settings, alter the Windows registry, run, control and terminate applications, install arbitrary software or parasites.
· Allows intruders to get into computer’s hardware, manipulate or affect it accordingly.
· Allows unauthorized person to monitor your activity, steal your password, login name, personal details and so on.
· Captures screen shot of user’s activity and transfers them to invaders.
· It causes software instability, decreases internet speed and overall degrades computer performance.
· They waste computer resources and conflict with installed applications.
· Create a hindrance in uninstallations process, hide files and complicate removal procedure.
The examples of RAT are as follows,
· RemoteStrom: it’s a dangerous RAT, gives privilege to unauthorized person to get into your computer, wipe out all data from hard disks, record user keystrokes, manage files and so on. It consists of client and server, here the server runs in infected system and receives commands from the attacker.
· Remote Config: it’s a legitimate tool used by system administrators to modify essential networking settings of remote systems. It can change IP, DNS address, gateway, computer name and so on.
· Back Orifice: this support plugins and allows intruders to a compromised computer. It leaves the victim completely unprotected and disoriented.
So it can be said that a RAT allows the attacker to work with a victim computer in the same way as with its own PC and use it for various malicious purposes or even criminal offences. Till now, I think you get enough idea of RAT, what it is, how it works and various complications it can create in your computer system. Now raise the question how we can get rid of RATs to protect our computer.
RATs come be removed with the help of powerful antispyware solutions such as Microsoft Antispyware Beta and many other third party spyware tools available in the market.
If you face any sort of problem and need technical support, you can call me on my toll free number 1-855-352-1816, at any time, any day and from any where. You can even visit website www.impcsupport.com, it provides online technical support, windows maintenance tools, software’s, protection tools and so on.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matthew Ferrall…is a Tech Savvy and Software Engineer. He has been working from 2008 for getting secure and reliable software solution for viruses, malwares with IMPCSUPPORT. IMPCSUPPORT provides the computer support for all windows operating system.