Building MOMENTUM In Your Online Network Marketing Business- 6 Keys
Copyright (c) 2007 Dave SherwinWhy is it that some people have massive organizations in their online network marketing venture in a short time, while others struggle and fail? I have identified why.I ...
Copyright (c) 2007 Dave Sherwin
Why is it that some people have massive organizations in their online network marketing venture in a short time, while others struggle and fail? I have identified why.
I think the "secret" can be summed up in one word: momentum. And momentum doesn't seem to be created by massive effort, "big breaks", or charismatic, flamboyant personalities. As a matter of fact, from my own experience I can't find many common denominators between the leaders I know in the field of online network marketing. There are men and women, old and young, people from blue collar backgrounds as well as white collar professionals.
So how do you create momentum? Here are six keys that I have identified in people that I personally work with, in and out of my organization:
1. They have a vision of what they want and a plan to get there. Their "why" is strong. They usually have very specific reasons that they are building their business, and they are serious about achieving their goals. They have a business plan, and act from that plan, which includes their goals, strategies, and marketing methods.
2. They don't treat it like a hobby, they treat it like a business. They are willing to invest in their business. These are the people that don't complain about the cost of marketing. These people are willing to invest $200-$300 a month or more marketing their online network marketing business.
3. They are consistent. They work their business every single day, at least 5 days a week or more, where those that are unsuccessful work their business once or twice a week, if that. In Jim Collins amazing book, "Good to Great", he compares building momentum to getting a huge flywheel spinning. The first push doesn't do much, or the second or third, or even the hundredth. But eventually, if you consistently push again and again, the wheel will spin so fast you couldn't stop it if you tried. Building an online network marketing business is just like that, you have to give it consistent effort over a reasonable period of time, usually at least six months.
4. They take 100% ownership of their business. They aren't waiting on anybody else to do anything for them, they just dig in and get to work. You will never catch these people blaming their sponsor for their lack of success. Regardless of the skills of their sponsor, they are going to get it done.
5. They are students of the business, constantly learning and studying. They spend time not only in personal development, but they are students of business and of marketing. They also invest a fair amount of time in trial and error, and discovering what doesn't work to find out what does. They're not afraid to fail if they learned a lesson in the process.
6. They love their products and use them religiously. It seems that success is very closely related to the passion a person has for the products they market. These people are not only fans of the products, they are usually on the "big" autoship and are proud to talk to anybody about the products they represent.
I believe anybody can activate their membership with a company they feel good about, and simply apply these six principles for six months and have success. It's not that hard, it's just that most people don't understand the power of consistent effort, with the right attitude, for a reasonable period of time. So if you want success in the online network marketing world, just apply these six fundamentals to your business and get ready for the bonus checks to roll in!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Dave Sherwin is a Network Marketer who won the "Rookie of the Year"award in a large international network marketing company in 2006. He is the co-author of "Lighthouse Marketing", The Art And Science Of Attracting People Into your Network Marketing Organization. Learn the Lighthouse Marketing secrets at: http://www.trker.com/go/15596/momentum