5 Creative Ideas For Your Scrapbook Pages
Scrapbooking does not need to be an expensive hobby. For great, but cheap background ideas read this article and use some of the various techniques mentioned. You will find some new ideas to brighten up your work.
Copyright (c) 2008 Kaye Dennan
Creating an interesting scrapbook does not have to be costly. Those scrapbook shops can be killers for the credit card. Aren't they great!
But I would like to tell you about some ideas for creating an interesting background page. I will tell you a few tips so that you can use colored card which is a lot cheaper than patterned paper, to use for your background pages.
First off, you can buy large sheets of thick colored card but make sure you cut them to the right size to fit your folder. And if you are on a budget you can use a ring binder for your work rather than buy a scrapbooking album.
Let Me Give You Some Tips For Creating Backgrounds:
1. Sponging - the best is a sea sponge. The sponging technique can create so many different effects. By using different colours or shades of the same colour paint you can create very interesting work. When using the sponge in various ways you can create circle patterns, lines, swirls and borders - have a go at making patterns on paper before going onto your card. This really is a fantastic technique which you will be able to use in so many different ways and for so many different things.
2. Lines - lines can be created on your background using felt pens and glitter pens. Make sure that the pens are acid free. Rule in your lines lightly with a pencil then rule in the colored lines. This can be any number you like, a lot or just a few. Create patterns that you find interesting.
3. Creating borders - create a border down one side of the page or even right around. Various methods can be used. You can use colored or patterned paper, paint a pattern, material or a row of embellishments.g. a row of hearts. You can make these from other coloured card.
4. Stamping - if you have a stamp, or your friends have, you can stamp a pattern onto the background and paint it in and outline it with a dimensional paint. Butterflies, flowers, leaves, animals and shapes all look great and then coloured with different colors to suit.
5. Glittering - this is a pretty technique. Great for parties, engagements, weddings and the like. You can glitter borders, stamp shapes and more.
Don't be afraid to try different ideas with the tools you have at home e.g scratch a surface over with sandpaper. Watch out for designs in books, and visit the scrapbooking shops for ideas. Some of the ideas you see can be done differently but quite cheaply using different products.
Article Tags: Many Different
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kaye has been involved in the art industry for over 20 years and learnt many skills and is happy to pass them on to you. For more information and great ideas go to http://ebooksnowonline.com/hobbies/scrapbooking/