Student Gas Credit Card Comparison
For a student, it can be difficult to get a credit card that saves money on gas. The best credit cards require a minimum annual income. The average college student does not have the time for classes and a job. Those who do work after class still do not earn enough to qualify for most rewards credit cards. A student usually only qualifies for basic credit card. For a student who drives there are some student gas credit cards available.
Citi Upromise Card - save 2% at Exxon & Mobil Gas Stations
The Citi Upromise Card is the number one rewards card for college savings as rated by CNN/Money. This credit card can earn you cash back on every purchase. There are tens of thousands of stores that you can save at. As a Upromise member, you can open a Upromise College Fund savings plan through Upromise Investments by saving as little as $50 a month (that’s less than $2 a day). Friends of families can automatically contribute to the college savings when they use their credit card.
• College savings on purchases, everywhere you shop!
• Plus 10% EXTRA college savings on 7000+ grocery and drug store items
• 0% APR on balance transfers for 12 months
• No annual feeThe Citi Upromise Card earns 2% cash back at Exxon and Mobil gas stations, plus 1% on all other purchases.
When you use this credit card at select stores, you also earn additional cash back. Best of all, there is no limit to how much you can save. Excellent credit is required.
Citi Driver’s Edge Card for College Students - 3% Cash Back on Gas
Another great rewards credit card is the Citi Driver’s Edge Card for College Students. This student credit card earns 3% cash back at supermarkets, drug stores and gas stations. On other purchases, you earn 1% rebates. You can also earn Drive Rebates based on how many miles you drive. For driving 10,000 miles, you can earn $100 in rebates. Here are some other features:
• 0% APR for 6 months on purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers
• Earn rebates towards any car, new or used
• Build your credit history
• Free online account management
• $0 liability on unauthorized purchases
• No annual fee
There is an annual limit for the rebates you can earn. Each year you can earn up to $1000 in rebates. It is easy to qualify for the Citi Driver’s Edge for College Students. They do not ask for a minimum annual income or a co-signer.
Discover Student Clear Card - 5% on ‘Get More’ purchases
The Discover Student Clear Card offers up to 5% cash back on select purchases such as gas stations, restaurants, book stores, theaters, clothing stores and more. Plus get 1% cash back on other purchases. There is no limit to how much cash you can earn each year. Turn your rebates into gift certificates at select stores and double your cash back. They do ask for your employment information. So you may get declined if you are not currently employeed.
• 0% Intro APR on Purchases for 6 Months
• No Annual Fee
• Easiest Online Account Management Options
• Full 5% Cashback Bonus® on Get More Program purchases throughout the year
• Up to 1% Cashback Bonus® on all your other purchases
• Build Your Credit History
• Unlimited cash rewards that never expire as long as you use your Card.
• DOUBLE your Cashback Bonus® (turn $20 into $40) when you redeem for gift cards or certificates from many of our 60 brand name partnersA drawback of the Discover Student Clear Card is that throughout the year you can only earn 5% cash back on certain category purchases. Four times a year these categories change. So you might only get 5% cash back at gas stations for part of each year. If your shopping habits vary, this could work to your advantage.
Student Gas Credit Card Comparison Results
If you have excellent credit, the Citi Upromise Card would be the best choice as it offers the most savings. If you have a job but do not have sufficient credit for the Upromise Card, the Discover Student Clear Card can earn you high cash back rates. It is at the cost of a rotating rewards program. For students without a job, the Citi Driver’s Edge for College Students might be right for you. It is easy to qualify for and still earns rebates everywhere you shop. Any of these credit cards would be a great way for a student to save money.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Find the best gas station credit card or apply for a student credit card online today and start saving. Click for more gas rebate card information.