Studies have shown that carrying groceries, doing yard work like cutting the grass, and cleaning your house counts as physical activity. So, while you're not exercising per se, you're at least giving your body some physical benefits.
But still you know that this kind of activity isn't going to guarantee a flatter stomach, greater strength, and a longevity boost. So how do find time and energy reach your fitness goals?
I have listed my Top Fitness and Health Tips that ANYONE CAN INCORPORATE INTO THEIR LIFESTYLE! 1. Take a picture of yourself and have it "morphed" at a photo shop. Wanna see how you look 10, 20, 30 pounds lighter? Have the picture people edit the picture in the image you like, then take home copies of it and hang them everywhere you can see it. Harness the power of visualization.
2. Keep a stack of your favorite magazines that you promise yourself you can read only at the gym. If the issues start piling up, you know it's time to schedule a workout.
3. Did you know that NOT exercising AT ALL is equivalent to smoking a pack of cigarettes A DAY? (Fear is a good motivator for some.)
4. Your dog. If you want your pooch to enjoy a longer, healthier life, s/he needs to get moving, too. You'll find as both of you get fit, s/he is more enthusiastic, and will give you a challenging workout. If not, YOU give him/her a challenging workout.
5. Work out with your spouse/life partner or personal trainer. Not only does it get both of you healthy and strong, but can also spice up your romantic life.
6. Erase YEARS off your body. Chronologically you may be 40, but with regular, vigorous exercise and healthy nutrition, people are going to do a double-take and think you're in your mid-30. Imagine how awesome you'll feel, when you not only feel younger, but to OTHER people you look younger. Act younger, too.
7.Begin an accomplishments journal. At the end of each day, write down what you've accomplished that day to move you closer toward your fitness and/or life goals. DO NOT WRITE DOWN WHAT YOU HAVEN'T ACCOMPLISHED. That doesn't matter. What matters is what you ARE doing; we all need a long-overdue, well-deserved pat on the back on a regular basis.
8. Use the TV. Here's the catch: work out only when your favorite show is on. Or, record your favorite show and work out during that (but don't fast forward through commercials - unless you have consecutive episodes taped). Can help time to fly by faster.
9. Hire a personal trainer or coach. It is proven that having a motivating and positive support system will help you stay with your goals long term. How many times have you started and exercise program and stopped? Remember those New Year’s Resolutions? How many have you kept? Was losing weight or eating healthier part of those resolutions that are now on a shelf collecting dust? Do you have multiple pieces of exercise equipment that you bough on an infomercial late at night that you now hang your clothes on collecting dust? Get Motivated and use a Coach or Personal Trainer to help support you in your life long mission to Permanent Weight Loss and Better overall Body Perfect Fitness and Health. My Private Coach - Because, if not now... WHEN? Get your FREE Coaching Session TODAY!
Body Perfect Fitness- The most comprehensive fitness and health resource online, dedicated to helping improve everyone’s overall Body Perfect Fitness and Health!!
10.Superset your workouts Some recent studies are showing that super-setting workouts can burn more calories than one single set or multiple standard set workout. So if time's an issue (gee, there's a thought) try incorporating a super-setting system where you do multiple exercises in succession so that you can accomplish more results in less time. 11. Use a daily planner. You have important commitments scheduled into your planner, right? Volunteer work, doctor appointments, children's activities, etc. Where's EXERCISE??? It's as important a commitment (if not more) than your other activities. Quick tip: mark "EXERCISE" in your planner with a bright colored marker, so it stands out as a reminder to get your butt in gear.
12. Listen to audio books while you exercise. Self-improvement and motivation books are GREAT here. You'll feel twice as productive, and highly energized, and the time will fly. As you are working out you are not only focused on feeding your body, but your mind. What a great combination to live by.
13. Reward yourself. It never ceases to amaze me how hard we are on ourselves when we don't accomplish, and how hard we are on ourselves when we DO accomplish. Whenever you reach a milestone, have something in mind, like a trip to the day spa, new shoes or clothes (as long as it's NON-EDIBLE).
14. Have kids? Look at their pictures to remind you that you want to be around to share life with them, with plenty of energy. You don't want your 10-year old to be throwing you around the house, do you?
15.Want to keep fitting into your favorite jeans? You know, the ones that fit you nicely several years ago? Keep them. Keep trying them on to keep yourself in check to keep eating right and exercising.
16. Keep a journal of how you feel after exercise. Especially the great workouts. On the days you just don't feel like exercising, look back on the good workout days for some inspiration.
17. See exercise as a stress-releaser. A simple shift in attitude can do wonders for your stress levels. If you've had a long, hard day at work, exercise is something to LOOK FORWARD TO relieve your stress and revive yourself.
18. Check out the e-mail, chat, or discussion groups on the Internet that deal with fitness, weight loss, diet, exercise, etc.
19. Have young kids? Use the day care at the gym - so there's no excuse about who's going to watch the kids. Or, have a family member(s) or a friend watch them. So thereREALLY is no excuse for not working out.
20.Look in the mirror. Sometimes that is all you need to trigger you into the lean, fit, and energized mode.
Body Perfect Fitness- The most comprehensive fitness and health resource online, dedicated to helping improve everyone’s overall Body Perfect Fitness and Health!! My Private Coach - Because, if not now... WHEN? Get your FREE Coaching Session TODAY!
Robert Adams holds an Associates Degree in Culinary Arts from the Culinary Institute of America, is a Certified Coach in Coaching for Personal Development as well Interaction Management, is a member of NESTA- National Endurance Sports Trainers Association, and lives a healthy lifestyle through his Body Perfect Fitness philosophy of healthy eating and fitness focus.