Guide to Yunnan Black Tea
Black tea from Yunnan province is generally called Dianhong Tea. Higher quality Yunnan black teas brew to a brassy, golden orange color and have a gentle, sweet aroma and no bitterness.
Black tea from Yunnan province is generally called Dianhong Tea. Higher quality Yunnan black teas brew to a brassy, golden orange color and have a gentle, sweet aroma and no bitterness.It is among the most robust but refined black teas produced in the whole world! Typically Yunnan Black teas are made from Assamica or Assamica hybrid. Since the end of the Second World War Yunnan Black teas have steadily increased in popularity and in the last 20 years a series of interesting hybrids were developed that greatly enhanced both the diversity and taste of the tea! Black teas vary according to their hybrid, harvest season, pick style, and processing!
1. Fill both the teapot and the cup about halfway with hot water to pre-heat them. Tilt them a bit so that the water creeps up the side and then rotate them so the insides get wet all the way around. Then pour the water out.
2. Put 1-2 teaspoons of tea leaves into the teapot. If using a different vessel, use 1-2 teaspoons for every 8 oz. (236 ml) of water.
3. Fill the teapot with 90-100ºC (194-215ºF) water.
4. Place the lid on the teapot and let the tea steep for 2 minutes.
5. Pour the tea into the teacups and enjoy your tea!
A Few Varieties of Yunnan Black Tea
1. Yunnan Pure Gold - considered among the most premium types of black tea. It exclusively contains golden tips that are covered in hairs.
2. Yunnan Gold - combines golden tips with darker ones.
3. Broken Yunnan - has very few golden tips and is generally cheaper.
A nice hot cup of Yunnan tea can be made by placing 1 teaspoon of the dried leaves in a 150 ml container of newly-boiled water. Let the mix steep for about 3 to 4 minutes. Discard the leaves and enjoy.
Health Benefits Attributed to This Variety of Tea
1. May help lower the risk for the development of tumors and cancer.
2. May help lower the risk for the development of cardiovascular diseases.
3. May help fight fat and enhance metabolism, thus contributing to efforts at achieving weight loss.
4. May help facilitate good digestion.
5. May help keep bacteria and viruses at bay.
6. May help prevent and fight inflammation.
7. May help maintain overall well-being when taken as part of daily diet.
For more information about the black tea and other types of tea, and for direct sources of the above information, check out our page of product’s details!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Karina Garcia is sales manager of JK Tea Shop, authentic Chinese Loose Leaf tea supplier, for more information, please visit our website at: jkteashop.com