Tie Guan Yin - The Iron Goddess of Merc
Tie Guan Yin, otherwise known as "Yin Yun" in Chinese, is a type of Oolong tea. It is characterized as having a floral fragrance and is hand-cultivated from high altitude orchards in the Fujian province of China.
Tie Guan Yin tea is a premium variety, harvested by hand from high altitude tea orchards and is the Oolong tea of choice among the Chinese. Natural plant nutrients, such as antioxidants, are preserved in this semi-oxidized tea providing several health and lifestyle benefits. The Chinese have been drinking this tea for many generations for as much its earthy flavor as for its medicinal properties.
What makes this oolong tea so special?
Delicate and smooth, this oolong tea combines a flowery fragrance with a natural sweetness that is unique to this type of tea. As with all great quality oolong teas, this is a tea that may be reinfused several times.How Tie Guan Yin Tea (Oolong Tea) is processed
The processing of Tie Guan Yin tea (TGY) is complex and requires expertise. Even if the tea leaf is of high raw quality, and is plucked at the ideal time, if it is not processed correctly its true character will not be shown. This is why the method of processing Tie Guan Yin Tea was kept a secret.
Recommend Brewing Method
Gaiwan: 3.8oz / 110ml
212 / 100
Use 7 Grams Tea
Gaiwan : Double Blue Lines Gaiwan - 110 ml
Ti Kuan Yin Tea Benefits
1. Lowering the risk for developing tumors and cancer due to the antioxidant content of the tea leaves.
2. Lower blood pressure and may lower risk for developing cardiovascular diseases.
3. Help in efforts to lose weight due to its ability to help lower the intake of fat as well as enhance metabolism.
4. Strengthen the immune system and keep the health in check.
5. Enhance bone density.
6. Enforce resistance to fungi and bacteria that may cause a variety of ailments and diseases.
Beautiful legends surround the origin of Chinese tea. Enjoyed by emperors in the beginning it may be enjoyed by you today.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Karina Garcia is sales manager of JK Tea Shop, authentic Chinese Loose Leaf tea supplier, for more information, please visit our website at: jkteashop.com