How To Create Google Sitemaps In 7 Easy Steps
In case you haven't heard of Google Sitemaps (BETA), it is a new program set up by Google to encourage webmasters to create a special XML-format sitemap file for Google to spider through. If you go th...
Thankfully, here's a very simple method for you to create such a sitemap in 7 easy steps so you don't have to spend $97 on some software that purports to do the same thing automatically. You betcha, people are charging a premium for doing the thing which you can without taking out your wallet.
So, to create a Google sitemap:
1) Create an xml sitemap at http://www.sitemapspal.com.
2) Simply type in your url address and click submit.
3) Copy and paste the code into a new HTML file and save it as sitemap.xml.
4) FTP it to your host.
5) Login to Google Webmaster Tools: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/home?hl=en
6) Inform Google about your sitemap location using the HTTP request, like this: www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ping?sitemap=http://www.example.com/sitemap.xml.gz and wait!
7) After 10-24 hrs, do your URL search on Google.com. Index page should be picked up.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Nelson Tan is the webmaster behind Internet Mastery Center. Download $347 worth of FREE Internet Marketing gifts at http://www.internetmasterycenter.com