Do You Really Need Someone To Coach You Through Life?
We do not always require a guru or soul guide or life coach to get us through life. The lessons of life can be learned through proper observation of your life. The lessons that I have spoken about are but few of many.
However there are basic teachings that we have encountered in aspect of our life but we refuse to follow them despite them being parroted to us every moment of the day. What I am going to tell you here is something you must have heard your entire life but have failed work with. The performance coach has an amount of utensils that allow them to find out the fundamental motivations of an individual.
1. Practice self-integrity: In other words:” Be true to yourself.” Which is the best lie you have ever said? The answer is the one that you yourself have believed. You accumulate a lot of negativity when you look away from your shortcomings. However you become truly responsible when you are aware of yourself. To do this however you must stop judging yourself and look at things you do as they happen. You will automatically become more efficient and there will be relatively less emotional weight.
2. Develop a contributor personality: To put it simply, go and help others. It is however less about others and more about you. You must have heard a million times that man is a social animal. The deduction here is that as a social animal it is his nature to engage with the society. That is what drives our need to give back to the society and you need to make a difference and that is why you get depressed in your life because you feel whatever you do does not make a difference.
3. Keep friends in all age groups: Birds of a feather flock together as people say. Society, however, is not made by people just like you. When you befriend people younger or older than you, it is indicative that you are accepting of different mindsets. This means that you experience less friction interacting with people of different temperaments and you are easy to work with.
4. You are there for a reason: This is for people who are afraid of taking new responsibilities at work because they do not know enough about it. It suffices to say that when you are offered a new responsibility at work it is because the superiors are sure you can handle it. Keep an open mind and be ready to learn. Do not waste time in self doubt. I am not asking you to jump in recklessly but I would ask you to not miss any opportunities. Even if you mess up remember that it is better than the regret of missing the opportunity.
5. Gratitude is the right attitude: When someone helps you out, there is an opportunity to bond with the person. When you maintain a thankful attitude people think less before helping you and it helps easy communication with others.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Loria Hasey is a motivational speaker and a performance coaching for life, sports and business. She has been working with prominent members of the Leicester Tigers.