The first secret to success
The 7 Secrets of Success What does it takes to be successful? The mindset of highly successful people, the wealthy mindset and the secrets of the billionaire mindset have been analysed carefully and identified.
Whether you want to lose weight, improve your eating, or get in shape, setting goals will help you get where you want to be.
However, far-fetched goals may only lead to failure and disappointment. Learn how to make specific and realistic goals so that you can achieve your best. Take these simple steps and you'll be on your way to success! No matter what area of life you apply it to!
1. Write each goal down.
2. The goal should be achievable - create a goal that you can accomplish by just trying a little harder than usual.
3. You must be willing to do what is necessary for successful completion of the goal. Ask, "Am I willing to pay the price?"
4. Make certain the goals are your very own. Understand that the goal is important to you, and why you wish to make the change.
When setting health and fitness goals, try using the SMART approach to goal setting. Create goals that are:
Specific -- Is the goal definite and precise?
Measurable -- How will achieving the goal be measured?
Action-oriented -- What action(s) does the goal require?
Realistic -- Is it a realistic goal based on your diet history, current fitness plan, etc.
Timed -- What is the time frame for achieving the goal?
Below are some examples: NOT specific: "I want to lose weight." SPECIFIC: "I will exercise for 20 minutes, three days per week for the next six weeks."
NOT Measurable: "I want to eat less fat." Measurable: "My goal was to reduce fat intake to 25 percent per day, but my dietary records shows that I reduced it to only 35 percent."
NOT Action-Oriented: "I want to lose 5 kilograms and keep it off." Action-Oriented: "To get my weight under control I will keep my fat intake at 25 percent or less per day, exercise aerobically three days per week, and strength train two days per week."
NOT Realistic: "I want to lose 10 kilograms this month." Realistic: "I'm going to add one more day of exercise to my schedule."
NOT Timed: "I want to start an exercise program." TIMED: "I will go to the gym on Monday, Wednesday and Friday."
Thought Of The Day Take 5 minutes today to do your Smart Goals. It may just save your life!
Would You Like Any of the Following?
· Incredible self 'confidence?
· Empowering self-esteem?
· Efficient action and peak life performance that produce overwhelming success results and outcomes?
· Feeling in control of your destiny, instead of being at the mercy of the other people's thoughts and whims?
· Awakening each day calm, positive, and filled with a uplifted spirit - and success expectations about your upcoming day?
· Taking that ability, potential, and capacity for excellence you know you have, and actualizing (brining it forth) into tangible, empowering, real-life fact?
· Releasing forever, tendencies toward blocking, limiting, and /or sabotaging yourself - and enjoying new, self tailored affinities that builds you up, empower you, and efficiently move you ahead in you life?
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The 7 Success Secrets for free (value over $75) http://www.success-coaching.org/