Understand the 5 Important Types of Procrastination
So, I researched and read a lot about what procrastination actually is, what the different types of procrastination are and how I can actually help myself to stop procrastinating easily?One of the web...
So, I researched and read a lot about what procrastination actually is, what the different types of procrastination are and how I can actually help myself to stop procrastinating easily?
One of the websites has some really informative ideas on what procrastination. I believe that if you know that you are procrastinating and you want to stop doing it, the first step is to find out the different types of procrastination habits that might exist in you.
1. Skill deficits - The first type of procrastination is skill deficit. When you lack the skill and that element in you that could help your project or idea, you procrastinate. One good way to stop procrastinating in skill deficits is by starting easy or simply quitting the project and working on something you are skilled at.
2. External obstacles - This is when you are disturbed or in a situation where you think this is not the perfect time to start. "The perfect time to start" isn't really an obstacle because the right time is almost always in hand. Perfect time to start is about you being in alignment with yourself and your surroundings. A disturbed brain procrastinate.
3. Emotional problems - Depression, lack of confidence or even excessive emotional stress are some of the basic reasons you might be procrastinating. This type of procrastination happens because even though you have all the qualities and resources, you are quite helpless about taking real solid action about completing your tasks.
4. Addictive escapism - Some people out there are always searching for a way to act upon things they want to quit by trying to find solutions to their problems. Their problem is that they keep searching for an answer to their problem that they want to avoid acting upon.
5. Unrecognized inner truth - This reason actually relates to me. Some of us have this understanding that we are not meant to do this. No matter how persuaded or motivated we look from the outside, from the inside we've this calling that the path we are upon is not that we are supposed to walk upon. Your inner voice is making you procrastinate.
It is important to know why you are procrastinating to actually beat it. Whenever you feel you are procrastinating make sure you categorise it and move forward by taking the most appropriate action that is.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR