Hotel And Holiday Booking: 6 Ways To Save Money On Your Travel
More often than not I am confronted with the question of how to save money while planning a great vacation. Whether it's a family holiday, a honeymoon vacation or simply a weekend getaway, there are ample of ways to save money, while not compromising on the vacation quality. Some tips are so simple that you'd actually be surprised! From the right planning to deciding on the right time of travel, I have put in 6 steps that would definitely lower your holiday budget.
1. Hiring the services of an expertAs mentioned above, unless you're an expert on the destination, it would be a great idea to hire the services of a travel agent or travel company. With the increase in the number of OTA's, you would actually be spoilt for choice. With their domain knowledge and expertise you might actually be able to save some money. Sign up for their newsletters, mailers and travel alerts so you are the first one to know on any special offers that come up. A number of travel companies also provide special deals and discounts on using a certain credit card so check out on those before you book.
2. Planning aheadThis one is kind of tricky. How early is enough? I'd say that you should start planning at least 2 months in advance. This is especially important if you are planning to travel in the peak season or your kid's summer holidays. Start doing your research online and check out on rates available. The earlier you book, the better your chances of bagging a cheap deal!
3. Travelling during off-seasonUnless imperative, skip the actual holiday season and travel when it is low. Alternately, travel to places that are not likely to be thronged with tourists during your holiday. The lower the season is, the higher your bargaining chances.
4. Selecting an all-inclusive tour packageUnless you are going camping and backpacking, get an all-inclusive tour for yourself. This has two advantages: if you book with all inclusions, you're likely to get a cheaper deal, since separately, various elements like transfers and meals tend to cost more. Also, a pre-planned trip takes the load off your head when it comes to securing inclusions. I recommend packages that at least include transfers, some sightseeing and breakfast.
5. Save money on hotelsYou don't always have to stay at a five-star hotel there are a huge number of 3 star hotels too that provide great service at really affordable prices. An alternate to this would be staying at a service apartment that comes with good rooms, a kitchenette and even the services of a butler.
6. Research onlineThis is best done by logging on to travel websites that often feature deals and discounts. If you're booking a hotel, you could also research on the hotels own website they often have lower deals than most OTA's. Not just the price, I recommend checking up on the user ratings and reviews posted by actual customers as well as photos of hotels and rooms.
Budget travel must never be a horrid experience. When done through the right channels, they actually turn out to be really memorable experiences. With some simple tips and tricks, you can actually save enough to spend on really meaningful things such as shopping or a nice meal for the two of you!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ruchira is an experienced travel writer, specializing in writing tips and tricks to save when you holiday. From great deals on travel, big discounts and saving ideas you can get the best of travel information here.