5 Tips To Conquer Your Fear Of Taking Action
When an opportunity arises to change your life for the better, your fear will generate excuses to spoil it for you. Each excuse is a single piece in the loserís jigsaw. The end picture is an unhappy p...
Letís say youíve seen someone you really fancy. You canít take your eyes off them and you want to get it on with them. As soon as you think about approaching them, fear starts the jigsaw puzzle:
1. Fearís first piece is picked: ďYes, but they wouldnít fancy someone like me. Iím too fat/thin/tall/short/young/old.Ē This is predicting a negative outcome by generating a poor self-image. Accept it and you wonít make your approach. Instead, believe youíre a catch. And you donít know how someone will react, you might click big time. Thereís only one way to find out!
2. Fear selects another piece and picks on you again. ďIím not very good at starting conversations. Iíll bore them and embarrass myself.Ē Give into this one and well, youíll have bored them for sure because you didnít even say ďHelloĒ. How boring is that?
3. The loserís jigsaw continues: ďThey might react in a nasty way and embarrass me. I donít want to be rejected in a nasty way.Ē This is another negative prediction and as with all of these excuses, it has little to support it. Itís rare that youíll get a nasty reaction to an advance. Rejection is part of life and you deal with it by realizing that some people want what youíve got but some people donít. And if you do get a nasty reaction, itís told you a lot about them and youíve just had a lucky escape.
4. Time for another piece: ďIím not in the right mood tonight. Iíll come in here next week and Iíll make my move then.Ē This is a beauty! Why take action now? Youíll be much better next time and youíll have a better chance. Why rush? Of course, fear knows delay will keep your life as it is and you wonít be exposed to risk. Why delay the chance to connect with someone who you could share great times with? They might not be around next time Ė and fear knows it.
5. Undaunted, fear continues the game. ďIím not sure I want to meet someone. Things are going fine so why change?Ē How cute is this? Fear is determined to keep you safe and is trying to convince you that a change for the better will make things worse! If you want a better life, you have to do something to get it. This is how fear will stop you. An opportunity to get more happiness is in front of you. Donít let fear make you turn your back on it.
Why let fear build a loserís jigsaw for you when you can conquer it by seizing the moment and taking action!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Chris Green is the author of the new book ďConquering FearĒ, a special program which will show you how to conquer fear and attract greater happiness, success and prosperity into your life. To get your FREE e-course, please go to => http://www.conqueringfear.net