Living an Extraordinary Life
Who doesn't want to live a wonderful life -- full of happiness, joy and contentment? We all do, but often we just can't seem to figure out how to get there.To get you started, I've come up with some t...
Who doesn't want to live a wonderful life -- full of happiness, joy and contentment? We all do, but often we just can't seem to figure out how to get there.
To get you started, I've come up with some tips to get you started on your own extraordinary life. Follow these and I guarantee you'll find yourself living a happier, healthier and much cooler life.
1. Get up and move around. Take a 15-minute walk each day. Use the time for peace and reflection. Look around you. Notice the changes in your environment as the days progress.
2. Steal 10 minutes each day all for yourself. Sit quietly and clear your mind. Learn the value of silence and repose.
3. Get more sleep. With the writer's strike still going on, it's the perfect time to turn the TV off early and grab some extra sleep. Your body and your mind will thank you.
4. When you wake up in the morning, complete the following sentence before you get out of bed: "Today, I desire SOMETHING." Then focus your attention on that desire as you go about your day.
5. Each night before you go to sleep, complete the following sentences: "I am thankful for SOMETHING"; "Today I was successful at SOMETHING"; "Today I was not successful at SOMETHING and I freely and fully let it go."
6. Eat less processed food. If it comes in a box, try passing it by for something in a more natural state.
7. De-clutter your life. Start with your purse or briefcase, then your car, your desk, your pantry and your home. When you simplify and clear out the old stuff, you make room for the flow of good energy into your life.
8. Discover your public library. They let you take books home and read them for free. Make it a point to occasionally pick up a book in an unfamiliar genre or on an unfamiliar topic. Stretch your mind.
9. Get rid of the negatives in your life. Don't waste your precious time and energy on gossip, toxic people, negative thoughts or things you have no control over. Keep yourself calm, centered, positive and in the moment.
10. Have a good belly laugh. Learn to laugh at yourself and look for the absurdities in everyday life. Don't take things so seriously.
11. Act with kindness. Do a favor for a friend (or a stranger). Let someone cut in front of you in traffic. Smile and make eye contact with people you pass on the street. Expect to be treated with kindness and respect and overlook real or imagined slights.
Recognize that this life is all you have right now. Make the most of it. Do something you've always wanted to do. Take a chance. Remember all those people on the Titanic who didn't eat dessert - you never know what's coming around the bend, so grab life and start living.
Article Tags: Extraordinary Life
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Joan Schramm, the Workplace Solutions Expert, is a career, executive and personal coach with twenty years experience in management, training and coaching. Joan can work with you to figure out exactly what you want from your life and your career, and how to get there without a lot of detours. For more information, or to talk about what's going on in your life, go to: http://www.achieve-momentum.com