4 Useful Tips on How Logo Designers Can Stand Out
This article offers some tips on how logo designers can stand out as talented professionals. Logo artists can excel by creating an impressive portfolio, carrying an exciting business card and pampering clients. Designers should also quickly respond to client queries for creating a positive impression
Pursuing a career as a logo artist is quite challenging as there are thousands of talented designers with varying personalities, skill sets and aptitudes. It is true that they are designers but have something distinct to offer to their clients. Logo Designers should devise of some unique strategies to stand out in the crowd.
Logo Design is a creative field and the best way to beat your competitors is by designing a memorable logo. As a designer, you have to promote your skills and abilities in a best possible manner. In order to be recognized, you have to stand out in the crowd.
Here are some effective tips that will help you to prove your true abilities:
1. Carry an Outstanding Business Card
As a logo artist you might possess exemplary design skills, but it is also important that you always carry your business card with you. It will come handy whenever you meet people who might be interested in availing of your services. Here are some tips on how to use a business card to your benefit:
- Be Creative- What does a business card represent? It is nothing
but the representation of you as a designer, and your services. Therefore,
carry a business card that looks smart, elegant, creative and has persona. It
is important to highlight your personality as a professional to your potential
client. Remember that it is the first impression that matters. Make your self
memorable in the minds of your clients so that they choose you for their logo
- Use an Exciting Card - You are a designer yourself; therefore design a business card yourself instead of a pre-designed one. An exciting card will help to grab the attention of your potential clients. Avoid giving dull and unoriginal business cards to clients who show interest in you. Your designed card will show your designing style to your client, and help you stand out.
2. Create a Unique Portfolio
If you look at the portfolios of other designers, you will notice that most them has similar style or approach. It is the same color scheme, font usage, and content. You have to stand out to get noticed! Here are some tips:
- Show Off! - If you have created some unique logo for a client in the past and was liked, simply flaunt it in your portfolio. Different clients have different perceptions. Therefore show clients that how successful you were in creating matchless logos. Your portfolio should convince the client that you think ‘out of the box’, when designing logos. Once clients are convinced of your skills, they will most likely choose you over other designers.
- Try New Designs – Don’t kill your creativity by designing the same old logos. Think of something new and novel, and display it in your portfolio. Show that you are adept in designing different types of logos, including ones that have abstract designs. Try creating minimalist logos as it is selling like hot cakes of late!
Have a look at a few online logo designing tutorials that has something different to teach than the logos you have already designed. For example, you can display some abstract designs instead of creating the same neat and contemporary ones.
3. Pamper Clients
Pampering clients is important to make yourself memorable as a designer. Clients love to be pampered. You can pamper your clients by giving extra effort on their projects or offering some free services. This will help you to show that you take special care of your clients, and is willing to walk that extra mile for them. Here are some ways you can please clients:
- Wishing Clients on Festivals – You should always wish clients by sending greetings card on festive occasions. This shows that you really care for them. You can send a simple email to wish your clients. Christmas is knocking at the door. So don’t miss this opportunity!
However, ensure what you are sending. The cards you send should always be generic and never something explicit.
- Offering Free Services – You should offer something additional or free along with your usual services. Say for instance, you are designing a logo for your client business. Fair enough. Please your client by designing a business brochure for him free of cost. Offering something additional without a fee creates a positive impression in the minds of clients.
These are small little things but matters a lot in developing a long business relationship with your client. It shows that you really care, and is willing to help clients to the extent possible.
4. Be Prompt in Replying Clients
It is important to respond quickly to your client’s queries. Try to place yourself in the client’s shoes. Would you as a client liked waiting for your designer’s response for days!
- Quick Responses Help! - When you are prompt in replying to clients, it shows that you respect client’s queries or suggestions. This is beneficial for you in the long term. If the client thinks that you take projects seriously, he will refer you to his friends or associates. It also shows that you are professional in your approach.
- Reply via an Email
Client – Replying via an email
client will help you to respond instantly to all of your client queries from
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Logo Design India one of the leading logo design company in India provides exciting business card solutions at reasonable price. To know more in details follow us in Google+.