Ten Tips for Choosing a VoIP Provider
VoIP phone service is a fast growing business. There are many VoIP companies in the market these days, but professional VoIP reviews are very few. Here are some simple tips to help you compare indiv...
VoIP phone service is a fast growing business. There are many VoIP companies in the market these days, but professional VoIP reviews are very few. Here are some simple tips to help you compare individual VoIP providers before making your decision.
1) Price – Many people look for the lowest price when choosing a VoIP provider. However, price should never be your first priority. With keen competition in the market today, price difference among individual VoIP providers is very small. You should consider other factors such as service quality, customer support, service plan options etc.
2) Service – Look for quality and reliable service. The quality of VoIP service also depends on broadband connection speed. If you want to use some standalone VoIP providers, make sure you also have high quality broadband connection.
3) Customer support – The VoIP provider should provide good customer support including 24 hours phone support 7 days a week.
4) Satisfaction guarantee – Most VoIP companies require you to sign a 1 year contract. Choose a company that provides satisfaction guarantee or free trial. If you don’t like their service, you can terminate it within 30 days without paying a penalty fee.
5) Company size – Large companies are often better run and have more sophisticated equipments and facilities than small companies.
6) Service plans – Some plans provide unlimited local and long distance calls; some even provide unlimited global calls to international cities. Choose a plan that is most suitable for your need.
7) Local area codes – Find a VoIP provider which can offer a local area code. Otherwise, your friends living in your area will be charged for long distance calls when they call you using an analog phone.
8) Additional features – Call forwarding, call waiting, conference call, caller ID, call filtering are all very useful bonuses. Many VoIP providers provide these services for free.
9) E911 – Make sure the VoIP provider offers E911 service (enhanced 911), which allows your name and address to be given to local dispatch center automatically during an emergency.
10) User reviews – Read some online customer reviews as a reference. However, bear in mind that these reviews can be tainted and the quality of VoIP service is affected by many factors. If in doubt, call the VoIP companies to express your concern and ask for clarification.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kwan H Lo owns a review site providing information on the best ISP / VoIP providers and VoIP comparisons. Visit our site to read more about the advantages and disadvantages of VoIP service.