Empowering Communication Techniques To Win People Over
Self Empowerment with the Art of CommunicationEvery communication that we make or bring across to the other parties is an ACTION, so communication is POWER. With this empowering tool of power, you can...
Every communication that we make or bring across to the other parties is an ACTION, so communication is POWER. With this empowering tool of power, you can use it to influence people thought, feeling and action and win them over. Your level of communication mastery is inter-connected with the level of success with others, in the aspects of emotionally, personally and financially. The higher your level, the more successful you will associate with the others. I will like to share with all my readers some empowering tips and techniques to ascend to the next level.
1. Learn to remember names
In order to achieve a good impression in a either a social or business event, you MUST first learn how to remember names. It will be great if you still can use it at the end of the conversation as it show a high level of commitment from you. Don't blame on your poor memory, start practice remembering NOW and stop procrastinate, everyone can do it.
3 simple steps to remember names
a. Driving in the commitment into your sub-conscious - Telling yourself constantly that "I MUST remember, I MUST remember"
b. Be Focused - When exchanging names, concentrate on getting the name right, if not, ask again.
c. Repetition - Once you get the name, repeat the name to yourself silently and use it during and after the conversation so that it will be locked into your mind.
2. Think before speak - Saying what you mean and meaning what you say is the golden rule to effective communication. Remember to listen attentively, analyse and process what you want to say, think through whether it bring across the correct interpretation you want to convey. There is no "Undo" or "Backspace" button after you have said.
3. Effective Eye contact emphasizes sincerity and without it, your message will not be able to delivered to the other party
4. Balanced conversation - it means not to over-talk and allow the other party to share his/her opinion. Remember this, this is not your own seminar, this is a 2 way interactive communication.
5. Show interest in the other person - Do not fidget around or glazing away while the other party is talking, because it shown a level of disrespect and no interest.
7. Keep an open mind - wait until the speak has finished his conversation and make a decision whether you agreed or not. Do not abruptly break the conversation to show your disagreement.
Do feel free to add and share into this list that can help to maximize our level of effective communication.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
“Succeed does not come to you, you have to go to it” Using this philosophy, I decided to create this self help website to push myself to achieve self empowerment and also to motivate all of my friends out there who are reading and staying with me throughout this empowering journey.