New Delhi is a district in Delhi which serves as the capital of India. It is also the centre of the Government of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. New Delhi is situated within the metropolis of Delhi and is one of the eleven districts of the National Capital Territory of Delhi. It was designed by British architects, Sir Edwin Lutyens and Sir Herbert Baker.
New Delhi is one of the metro cities of India. Which is also a capital of India. New Delhi is situated at North India. It is a political area, Because many politician are lived at New Delhi.rashtrapati bhavan, Sansad Bhawan, supreme court, India Gate is one of the Political monuments of New Delhi. Every year Republic day is celebrated at India Gate and Independance Day is celebrated at Lal Quila. All ministers including Prime Minister, President, Chief Minister, Head officers of Indian Army, Navy, Air force come to celebrate this occasion. New Delhi is also famous for his Forts - Lal Quila, Humayun's Tomb, Feroz shah kotla fort, Purana Quila, Qutub Minar etc. There are many tourist attractions - Temples, Markets, Cinemas, Restaurants, Zoo etc. New Delhi is one of big cities of India, So Delhi is connected with domestic and international cities by air, train, road and ships. You can easily reach New Delhi from any corner of earth. New Delhi is a perfect place for any tourist. Now i will tell you some main attractions of New Delhi.
(1) Connaught place - Connaught Place is the heart of New Delhi. It is a well clean, structured and energetic place. Jantar Mantar, Rajpath and Palika Market is situated within this area. A perfect place for Shopping, Food, Entertainment. There are many top shopping brand showrooms, Multiplex, Parks, Restaurants etc.
(2) Chandni Chowk - Chandni Chowk is the oldest Market of "Purani Dilli". Which is a very busy area. Main attraction of Chandni chowk is "Paranthe wali gali". We can eat different kinds of "Parantha" at this place. Lal Quila and Jama masjid is the nearest tourist attractions of Chandni Chowk.
(3) Dilli Haat - Dilli Haat is a open air market which is located in many parts of Delhi like Janak Puri, Pitampura, INA. There are variety of foods available in Dilli Haat - Momos, Chicken, Kahwa, Pooranpoli and Dhokla. All indian foods are available at this place. Also you can see the variety of indian cultures of different states. A very nice place for spend few time with your family and friends.
(1) Qutub Minar - Qutub Minar is the longest monument of India, and the one of the main attractions in New Delhi, Which is situated at Mehrauli. The Iron Piller is one of the most inquisitive antiques of New Delhi. The Iron Piller situated within Qutub Minar.
(2) Humayun's Tomb - Humayun's Tomb situated at Lodhi Road, near the Jawahar lal Nehru Stadium Metro Station. Humayun's Tomb built by humayun's senior wife Bega begam after the death of Humayun. This fort is dedicated to Humayun. In front of the fort situated a beautiful garden.
(3) Purana Quila - Purana Quila is located near Pragati Maidan Metro station. On the second side of raod is Zoo. A perfect place for spend your day. Purana Quila is same as another forts - with garden, beauty of old times etc.
Religious Places –
(1) Akshardham Temple - Akshardham temple is dedicated to Bhagwan Swaminarayan. Akshardham temple shows indian's art, culture, architecture and beauty of old times. Akshardham is located in Noida mor, New Delhi. Akshardham temple is one of the largest temple in India.
(2) Jama Masjid - Jama masjid is the famous attraction of Old Delhi. Which is a oldest masjid of Delhi. Many muslims are come at this place for "Namaaz".
(3) Birla Mandir - Birla mandir is one of the big temples of delhi and most visited place. Mahatma gandhi was inaugurated this temple with one condition, and the condition is each and every persons of all castes allowed to enter Birla Temple, without any problem.
(4) Lotus Temple - Lotus Temple's shape is like a lotus flower. Around the nine pools of water, Gardens. Lotus temple is one of major atrractions of New Delhi.
And many more tourist attractions in Delhi -
India gate - A perfect place of picnic specially at the evening time. lovely parks around the monument of india gate. India gate is the top most attraction of New Delhi. A must visit place for everyone.
Gardens - Nehru Park, Central Park, Lodhi Garden.
Museums - National Museum, Nehru Memorial, Gandhi smriti, National Rail Museum.
Political Places - Sansad Bhawan, Rashtrapati Bhawan, Supreme Court.
Stadiums - Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, Indira Gandhi Stadium, Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium and Major Dhyanchand Stadium.
Many 5 star hotels located in New Delhi like - Taj Hotel, Hyatt Hotel, Redisson Hotel, Maurya Hotel etc. Delhi's street food is amazing - gol-gappe, chole bhature, aaloo tikki and many delicious foods. Must visit New Delhi, i am sure it will be unforgetable tour for you.