Family Migration to Australia

Aug 13 08:18 2010 Dominic Koupland Print This Article

If you have family in Australia then the routes of immigration into the country can be more open and easier than if you were to not. Here I will explain the different routes and when they are applicable.

Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

So,Guest Posting someone in your family has moved to the Land Down Under and loved it so much that they are begging for you to come and join them? Lucky, lucky you. Moving to Australia means starting afresh, in a beautiful country where the people are laid back, the weather is fantastic and the opportunities are endless as the blue skies above.

However, not knowing how to go about visas and the rules to live in Australia when you are not married to an Australian national or a permanent resident, can seem a little daunting. Nonetheless, with a little bit of research and planning, it won’t be too long before your feet will be sinking into the soft golden sand on the beach.


To be granted the right visa, you must make sure that you are eligible for it. For each type of family migration visa you must meet the right requirements for the category you are applying for.

The Aged Dependant Relative:

You should be a relative of an Australian national or a permanent resident. You should be an aged single applicant, who is divorced, legally separated, single or windowed. Your family member should be over the age of 18 and they and their partner (if applicable) will need to sponsor your stay in Australia. An Assurance of Support is also needed.

Remaining Relative:

You should be the brother, sister or child (including step relative to the same degree) of an Australian citizen or a permanent resident. In addition to this, you should have no closer family ties to another Australian national or Australian permanent resident. You may apply for a visa both inside Australia and outside. Your Australian relative should be over the age both 18 and they and their partner (if applicable) will need to officially sponsor your entry. An Assurance of Support will need to be submitted.


You should be willing and able to be a carer for an Australian national or Australian permanent resident or a member of their family who is part of your family. They should have a physical, mental or sensory impairment that results in their ability to perform day to day tasks which is likely to continue for at least two years into the future. Your sponsor should be over the age of 18 and you may apply for this visa both in your country of origin and within Australia.

What is Sponsorship?

A sponsorship is a declaration where an Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident. Sponsorship lasts up to two years and it provides the applicant with financial assistance and living arrangements by the person who sponsors.

Who Can Sponsor You?

Your sponsor must be an Australian citizen or a permanent Australian resident over the age of 18. A permanent Australian resident should have a valid legal visa for the type of family visa you are applying for. The partner of your family member can sponsor you provided they meet the correct requirements.

Source: Free Guest Posting Articles from

About Article Author

Dominic Koupland
Dominic Koupland

Dominic Koupland is an Australian immigration expert and writer.

View More Articles